Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:55 pm

weedaholic wrote:I really don't want an Auction House in Salem. I have played Final Fantasy 11, WOW and now Diablo 3 so I have a decent idea of what an AH can do to a game.

VERY poor examples of auction systems. Go play any other game that has regional/local markets instead of a global market. I play games as much for their markets as I do for any other mechanic. (I'd be a rich man if I wasn't so damn poor.) I'll be happy to PM you a list of recommended games with such systems in place.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby akaVEGAS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 pm

It would be awesome if we could sell Sleds, anvils, etc in the stalls.. Just sayin..

Edit: Inb4 you say, "Oh, but you cant port to Boston with anvils, or lifted items..." I know....
akaVEGAS
Customer

Postby CharlesM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
weedaholic wrote:I really don't want an Auction House in Salem. I have played Final Fantasy 11, WOW and now Diablo 3 so I have a decent idea of what an AH can do to a game.

VERY poor examples of auction systems. Go play any other game that has regional/local markets instead of a global market. I play games as much for their markets as I do for any other mechanic. (I'd be a rich man if I wasn't so damn poor.) I'll be happy to PM you a list of recommended games with such systems in place.

I think an auction house would work in Salem as long as each server had its own auction house, that way some items can be scarce/plentiful in certain servers and promotes travel.
It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

I am a proud Christian, post this if you are proud to be one too.
CharlesM

Postby Wournos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm leaning toward auction house. It would make it possible for even the less evolved pilgrims, such as myself, to be able to trade goods without having to chase people over chat or forum.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Postby Mereni » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm

weedaholic wrote:With an AH everyone would just sell hay and rabbits or whatever to make their money.

This is bad? If newbies were selling hay for a reasonable price, I'd definitely be buying it. I hate gathering it myself, and my grain fields don't produce as much as I'd like to have. Same goes for lime. But with the way the stalls are now, I don't think it's worth it for stall owners to sell cheap stuff and they can't sell in bulk, either.
Mereni

Postby Tylan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Mereni wrote:
weedaholic wrote:With an AH everyone would just sell hay and rabbits or whatever to make their money.

This is bad? If newbies were selling hay for a reasonable price, I'd definitely be buying it. I hate gathering it myself, and my grain fields don't produce as much as I'd like to have. Same goes for lime. But with the way the stalls are now, I don't think it's worth it for stall owners to sell cheap stuff and they can't sell in bulk, either.

This. I had a noob pm me in game asking if I needed hay. We had a nice system for a few weeks. He's give me hay, I'd either pay him 5 silver each or the bartered equivalent of an item he needed (backpack, iron tools, etc).

The key here is that noobs, or anyone, can make money selling anything anyways. An auction house would just make the process easier and less hassle on the part of the persons looking to buy and looking to sell. People would want to invest their time to the grind deserve to reap the potential reward rather than a few privileged with funding to afford a stall's purchase or the luck to have come across one while available.
jorb wrote:you fat-fingered, trigger happy nabbly-boos.

We write as a defense against the void, against the unknown that is the other side of death.
-C. Leland
Tylan

Postby Peon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:28 pm

How about being able to have a stand next to your property or house?
Peon

Postby akaVEGAS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Really? Why would you want that? I try to stay hidden. Plus it shows everyone what all you have, and they can raid you and get it for free..
akaVEGAS
Customer

Postby Peon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Ummm...what if you live in a town? How do you stay hidden then? It's still called Salem, not Paranoia, right? :lol: The people I've met so far were very nice and cooperative.
Last edited by Peon on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peon

Postby akaVEGAS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:47 pm

I do live in a town.. No one wants ppl walking around their place.. Or maybe its just me..
akaVEGAS
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements