Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Postby colesie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 am

Potjeh wrote:Stalls are *****. Joining the game before other people shouldn't give you an insurmountable advantage over them.

Potjeh and I on the same page for an entire thread, rarely seen :!:

But really, if this game ever gets any sort of population the stalls simply will not cut it.
Auction house will be needed eventually or we'll just end up with a very small percentage of people dominating the trade market (like they do now but on a much larger scale)
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Gacrux » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 am

colesie wrote:
Potjeh wrote:Stalls are *****. Joining the game before other people shouldn't give you an insurmountable advantage over them.

But really, if this game ever gets any sort of population the stalls simply will not cut it.
Auction house will be needed eventually or we'll just end up with a very small percentage of people dominating the trade market (like they do now but on a much larger scale)

I dont think this is true at all. Frankly an auction house is an excuse to fall back on "trade market" concepts which where created by other developers, the stalls can work, and if they even after this patch continue to be monopolized well then there's always The Trade-Wind
Gacrux

Postby colesie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 am

Gacrux wrote:
colesie wrote:

I dont think this is true at all. Frankly an auction house is an excuse to fall back on "trade market" concepts which where created by other developers, the stalls can work, and if they even after this patch continue to be monopolized well then there's always The Trade-Wind

If an AH is a final resort then why can we not have player to player trades with a confirm button on both ends? If the stalls are going to be an option in buying/selling and not the main way of making money then why not make the other way of trading better
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 am

I'd rather have something I can keep going even when I'm offline. Stalls or some sort of auction/commodity/brokerage system does this. Interpersonal trading doesn't.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Droj » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 am

MagicManICT wrote:I'd rather have something I can keep going even when I'm offline. Stalls or some sort of auction/commodity/brokerage system does this. Interpersonal trading doesn't.

make a poll, ask the community?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby colesie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 am

Droj wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I'd rather have something I can keep going even when I'm offline. Stalls or some sort of auction/commodity/brokerage system does this. Interpersonal trading doesn't.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4300#p50090
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby Droj » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 am

colesie wrote:
Droj wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4300#p50090

danke!
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby colesie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 am

I added more fair/even options to the voting so that all sides should be looked into. Sadly, this reset the votes so please vote again if you were one of the few to catch it early. Sorry about that!
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby Specht » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:24 am

I dont know if auction house is a good solution because it opens the way to market manipulation for the silver heavy players. On the other hand its easier to reach a wide audience of customers when everyone is able to offer his goods at a central place and does not have to depend on forums, PMs and customers playing in his/her timezone.

I dont like the current trading solution but i still have trouble to come up with a decent one....
Specht

Postby weedaholic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm

I really don't want an Auction House in Salem. I have played Final Fantasy 11, WOW and now Diablo 3 so I have a decent idea of what an AH can do to a game. The AH can either make or break an economy. Like previously said it would make market manipulation very easy but my main issue is because this is salem. If anyone can sell things as easy as an AH would allow then making silver would be too easy. As it is now early on you either have to work at finding indian charms or you have to use the trade wind or go trade in boston either way it takes work. With an AH everyone would just sell hay and rabbits or whatever to make their money. Also would an area as large as salem be able to trade to the masses like an auction house would allow in frontier times?

I think the stalls need a reworking. Open more stalls, give them a weekly or daily rent, force any item in the stall to have an asking price, and tax the money made from the stalls. Also I think we need claim stalls or something. Basically a stall that we have on our claim. Maybe have it attachable to a wall so we don't need people to be able to trespass to buy from us and also maybe have an item storage that goes inside the wall so that griefers could destroy the stall but that would just close trading until it was rebuilt instead of destroying or stealing all the items.

Also obviously simple character to character trading needs to be improved. Simply have a trade screen that allows both players to see what is being offered and have an accept trade button like in diablo 2.

These are just things I came up with on the spot right now... this is my first post but when I saw talk about an AH I had to say my two cents.
weedaholic

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements