Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Postby Kralith » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:46 pm

The upcoming changes sounds good, but not good enough.

Why?

It is suspicious when i'm reading here, that some player owned more than one stall, and they are take pride in this.
Not only that it is not possible for later players to get a stall, the 20? stalls in city seems owned by 10 player or less.

This is what developer should prevent.
One Account should only be able to own 1! stall at the same time.
Also should the longest time to rent a stall limited with i.e. one day Cooldown to rent the next stall, so that other players have a chance to rent the stalls who havent chance yet.

That would be fair for all players, not to raise the Tax or Fee, because the player who have stalls at this time surely have no problem with raising fee.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Spazzmaticus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Alts and multiple accounts.
Thanks for playing, though!
Spazzmaticus

Postby dageir » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:18 pm

If the developers insist on keeping the stall solution, we are going to keep getting alot of moaning ang groaning, but I think its part of the wider picture with the hard core style. Not sure though.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Kralith wrote:This is what developer should prevent.
One Account should only be able to own 1! stall at the same time.
Also should the longest time to rent a stall limited with i.e. one day Cooldown to rent the next stall, so that other players have a chance to rent the stalls who havent chance yet.

It wouldn't change anything. People would just make new accounts, give them silver and buy stalls anyway. And with limited time and cooldown they would do the same - buy the stall with alt at the moment stall is freed. It would just be lots of coding for no real improvement.

Changes announced in this thread are not perfect, but they are good changes and relatively simple - they don't require much coding. It's nice that devs decided to take some time and apply those changes, especially that they are concentrated on different features

dageir wrote:If the developers insist on keeping the stall solution, we are going to keep getting alot of moaning ang groaning, but I think its part of the wider picture with the hard core style. Not sure though.

Moaning and groaning from who?
Procne

Postby dageir » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:24 pm

The non-stall owners of the game.
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Ah, I think the current solution is just a temporary fix while they concentrate on something else.
Procne

Postby dageir » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Dont get me wrong. Stalls are a great idea, but very limited, and somewhat annoying for the people who didnt play from day one after wipe.
dageir

Postby Potjeh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Stalls are *****. Joining the game before other people shouldn't give you an insurmountable advantage over them.
Potjeh

Postby akaVEGAS » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Potjeh wrote:Stalls are *****. Joining the game before other people shouldn't give you an insurmountable advantage over them.

lol
akaVEGAS
Customer

Postby Gacrux » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 am

Potjeh wrote:Stalls are *****. Joining the game before other people shouldn't give you an insurmountable advantage over them.

The stalls aren't that game-breaking, this seems a tad over exaggerated, perhaps a limit on how long someone can own a stall could come into play?

but then again people would just alt them, stall monopolization is out of hand.

and I sure if we compared the amount of silver someone has made with a stall vs how much someone reputable has made being a forum "vendor". I think the latter would probably make the most.
Gacrux

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements