Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Pre-Announcement: Upcoming Changes to Market Stands

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 am

Peon wrote: Paranoia

Fun game. I haven't played that in 20 years.

Oh wait, I've been playing it for the last 5 now... started off with a game called "EVE", then with a game called "Haven & Hearth," or "HnH" for short, and now this thing called "Salem."

Wait, are we talking about the same game here? :D
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Ornery » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 am

akaVEGAS wrote:It would be awesome if we could sell Sleds, anvils, etc in the stalls.. Just sayin..

Edit: Inb4 you say, "Oh, but you cant port to Boston with anvils, or lifted items..." I know....

Someone made a good suggestion forever ago about being able to craft something equivalent to the item deeds you can buy in the store (like the thanksgiving pack had for the tables/chairs) but for things like anvils/sleds/looms/etc. I'd love to be able to sell liftables in Boston w/o having to walk hours with it over your head.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby Kiturien » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:09 am

akaVEGAS wrote:I do live in a town.. No one wants ppl walking around their place.. Or maybe its just me..

Personally on a server such as plymouth where there is a faction attempting to dominate the lands, having a stall by your house or in communitybuilt local hubs that you may or may not inhabit would not be such a bad thing. Everyone would have an interest in protecting their local tradehub from raids. The capital hub with universal teleport would still be available for rarer or precious goods, probably at a slightly higher price. Active community, friendly local area. The risk of losing the stall to a raid (items should be lost, not for stealing since that would be such a mindnumbingly easy alternative to buying) would inspire caution in any vendor and thus mostly cheap items would be vendored here while the precious items still are in the capital.

I just dont see why this would be a problem and why a lazymode auctionhouse providing the same options would be sooo much better than moving the anonymous banter here onto slightly more game-centralized communication.

Basically the community is relatively poor in that everyone is to be considered an enemy and nobody a potential friend. I realize I exhude tons of "this game is not for me." So I will just shut up now :)

Good day to you all,
Kiturien
Kiturien

Postby Orlpar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 am

I like trading the way it is.
Orlpar

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 am

Kiturien wrote:Basically the community is relatively poor in that everyone is to be considered an enemy and nobody a potential friend.

Not exactly how I'd put it. That's probably about as paranoid and negative as you can get. It'll keep you safe, but it'll keep you lonely, too. On the other hand, you can look at everyone as potentially hostile to start, treat them as an unknown, and work on building relations with them. When you find out one way or the other, you can then treat them as a friend or enemy.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby anfros » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 am

If we are going to keep boston I think it would be very nice if there was a cost to travel to/from boston with items in your inventory.
anfros

Postby akaVEGAS » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 am

anfros wrote:If we are going to keep boston I think it would be very nice if there was a cost to travel to/from boston with items in your inventory.

That makes "Zero" sense..
akaVEGAS
Customer

Postby Wournos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Ornery wrote:
akaVEGAS wrote:It would be awesome if we could sell Sleds, anvils, etc in the stalls.. Just sayin..

Edit: Inb4 you say, "Oh, but you cant port to Boston with anvils, or lifted items..." I know....

Someone made a good suggestion forever ago about being able to craft something equivalent to the item deeds you can buy in the store (like the thanksgiving pack had for the tables/chairs) but for things like anvils/sleds/looms/etc. I'd love to be able to sell liftables in Boston w/o having to walk hours with it over your head.

Like flatpacks - unpack to construct. Not sure how that would work in Salem though.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Postby robert » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Wournos wrote:
Ornery wrote:

Like flatpacks - unpack to construct. Not sure how that would work in Salem though.

easy. you right click the "deed" in your pack and it gives you the ghost image you would normally get placing a sign. but instead you place the completed item when you click to accept its placement.

or they could code in a deed option to build signs much like the claims have a deed requirement. there could be an "optional" add-on to the sign requirments that has a deed to instantly build it when you place the deed. skipping the resources step completely. still a RMB clicking ghost placement deed would be easier to do im sure..
robert

Postby anfros » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

akaVEGAS wrote:
anfros wrote:If we are going to keep boston I think it would be very nice if there was a cost to travel to/from boston with items in your inventory.

That makes "Zero" sense..

Not when combined with a proper trading system. It also makes people unable to quickly port lots of mats across the map for free. Doesn't need to be a huge cost 5s/trip should do it.
anfros

Previous

Return to Announcements