Game Development: Welcome, Have a Seat

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Welcome, Have a Seat

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:27 am

colesie wrote:I've spoken with Jorb personally and it takes upwards of 500 activations in order to drain 1 brazier and multiple braziers firing does nothing to change that. Since the tribe took 5 hours to get 37 activations in I can safely say that it's not easy at all even if your opponent has gone away for the entire weekend.

Like I said, it doesn't count, so I want to know this secret method to freely disable claim defenses that is supposedly wide spread knowledge. Keep me in the loop here guys. =o
TeckXKnight

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:36 am

I think it's "smash the walls, then smash the braziers". If it's anything other than that, it's likely a bug and needs to be reported. (Note: not counting espionage work.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby robert » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:16 am

colesie wrote:
TeckXKnight wrote:
robert wrote:lololol you dont know how to drain blaziers?? O-o if people arent online its easy to turn 1000 blazers to scrap :/ and im not even a raider/griefer.. i just tend my farms

I'd love to hear this please. As a forewarning, throwing a million alts at them really doesn't work or count as successfully draining braziers.

I've spoken with Jorb personally and it takes upwards of 500 activations in order to drain 1 brazier and multiple braziers firing does nothing to change that. Since the tribe took 5 hours to get 37 activations in I can safely say that it's not easy at all even if your opponent has gone away for the entire weekend.

hmm did they change blazer mechanics then? as the info i was told basicly state that you smash the wall repeatedly turning on every blazer in the town/claim run out and regen and keep doing that until all blazers are out of coal. as 1 coal is only a few minutes long regardless of firing. a full blazer unrefueled only lasts a few minutes to an hour. thats assuming people dont login and refuel them.

if that has been changed i should would love to see an official post by devs on it. instead of their hogpog half truth posts.

seeing as regardless of location every blazer on the claim is active by 2 charges of crimes. or least that was the old sytem in dec. unless i have been told different.
robert

Postby Ornery » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:18 am

robert wrote:as the info i was told

I found the issue.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby colesie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:19 am

robert wrote:unless i have been told different.

So you have not tested your statement and are going purely on what others have told you? Who told you? Yasso?
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby robert » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:31 am

colesie wrote:
robert wrote:unless i have been told different.

So you have not tested your statement and are going purely on what others have told you? Who told you? Yasso?

i dont go out of my way to raid an grief people that havent wronged me. as for the walls i saw that first hand.

people simply informed me that you could effectively drain full blazers in a few minutes by damaging walls for crimes to turn them on. i dont play on plym so i dont have access to a million throw away toons to test every thing. i work with what i have and what i can see first hand.

if blazers have infact been changed from the later versions of easily disabled, great but i would rather have official word on that from the devs, if people are passing me info from irc or where ever. that is out of date or errored it will make planning effective town defense harder. as i was expecting the town blazers i built to be out of fuel in 1hr maybe less. :/ if 1 coal burns per activation and burns out in less then 8minutes. given i watched people break 3 stone walls in under 5minutes each wall. i honestly would rather know that blazers arent going to be out of gas in 30minutes after they broke 6 walls or half the blazers.

still havent seen any proof against the info i have been told though either.. grain of salt i guess :?
robert

Postby Ornery » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:34 am

>5x5 personal claim
>a single brazier with 2 coal in it to measure drain
>no homestead alt to trespass 3 times per activation

You don't have to raid or grief to test something.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby colesie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 am

The info I got is as recent as the Mushibag vs Tribe raid and Jorb said it's been that way since braziers were implemented
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby sabinati » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:20 am

hey guys check out this hearsay and conjecture i have here, pretty cool right?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby sabinati » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:22 am

man, i'm so dumb as hell. i mean, i don't have any proof that i'm not dumb as hell, so i must be, right?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements