Game Development: Love Redux

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Love Redux

Postby Spazzmaticus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Excellent work as always!
Here's hoping for the ability to personalize clothes with monogramming :)
Spazzmaticus

Postby oldgrampak » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 pm

I agree with the statment from ppl that if there should be a summon system its very important to take away scent and summoning ability from when you defend youre self.
If you get hit first or someone raid youre town and making the town attacked you shouldent drop any sent at all.

But on the other hand if you take away summoning totaly you have to take the oppertunety to kill hostiles when they attack you rather then chasing them down, if someone got a murder alt only logged in a couple of hours every week then the murder alt isent really a problem since they only got some hours to make mayhem with it and will never rule the world with it then they will rather kill one to two chars every week but on the other hand the one attacked can be online 24/7 if they like all week and making there chars strong.

:geek:
/Dawgs [DOG]
oldgrampak

Postby logan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:15 pm

robert wrote:that might be alittle harder to code in to the game. personally im not a fan of having to build a wall then upgrade it with something else. it would be nice to beable to do, but unless it had a bonus attached it seems pointless.

not pointless- close but the point was that all it would do is save space. so instead of seeing rediculous rows of walls pretruding from homesteads, the rows are actually inside one another.

it acts only as a space saver. you can argue that the space is a good limiting factor in how many walls can be built which is imo a good argument and may win out on the reenforcing ideas.
logan

Postby robert » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:47 pm

logan wrote:
robert wrote:that might be alittle harder to code in to the game. personally im not a fan of having to build a wall then upgrade it with something else. it would be nice to beable to do, but unless it had a bonus attached it seems pointless.

not pointless- close but the point was that all it would do is save space. so instead of seeing rediculous rows of walls pretruding from homesteads, the rows are actually inside one another.

it acts only as a space saver. you can argue that the space is a good limiting factor in how many walls can be built which is imo a good argument and may win out on the reenforcing ideas.

oh i quite agree i hate the wall spam as i find it godawful and quite ugly walking by a hermit with a pilgram house and 90000 stone walls.

i just dont see wall upgrading being really easy to code in salem.. but then again it might be :/ id just like to see some graphic change if it is put in. or some sort of value added to upgraded walls to make it worth while besides land saving. cause honestly if you have to spend twice as long building a wall and upgrading it wouldnt it be quicker to throw down several of that wall instead? sure it would use more land and thus be the cause of the whole upgrade point.. but if the walls dont give any bonus besides saving 1 row of tiles.. there isnt much point as the overall defense hasnt changed by much
robert

Previous

Return to Announcements