Game Development: Time Enough for Love

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Time Enough for Love

Postby colesie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 am

jorb wrote:Jute Gear slightly cheaper and is no longer "****"

The only update that mattered ¦]
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Lexord » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:18 am

stupid change, completely and utterly game ruining for anyone that had anything to do with pvp be it raider or ranger.

it's cool though, i will just build a half dozen or so 10x10 wooden fence claims with a lean to in the middle and switch between them every 12 hours and be completely unconcerned.

or maybe i will just build a 5x5 claim with a fence around it on one of the little dots of land sticking out of the water, there are hundreds far enough from shore that a waste claim will not even reach.

if i was raiding i would simply encircle my waste claim with player claims and a wooden fence, now they have to wait 18 hours to attack my claim.

such a well thought out massive and sweeping change there loftar, you truly are the epitomy of ill concieved game design :lol:

do you fire up the bong at the beginning of your development sessions or something? is that the issue?

User was banned for breaking the following rules:
- Evading a ban (Darwoth).
If you wish to discuss this moderation do so in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=262 or send a PM to staxjax
Lexord

Postby JinxDevona » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 am

Thanks for the updates. Glad you keep them coming. I like the idea of this in theory. I think it would work best with sneak abilities, like you spoke of. With sneak abilities one could say go over a wall, steal some stuff, and hop back over. Could not carry a chest or anything over the wall without a pulley of some sort. That would stop raiders from destroying everything people worked hard to build like houses, kilns, ovens, etc. Then say you really wanted revenge on someone or some group, you get a waste claim so you could destroy their place to the ground. Seems fair if you add the sneak abilities.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby staxjax » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 am

Darwoth, you are too noticeable. Use of punctuation, but lack of capitalization. You only got 7 more days so just chill out, lol.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby World » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 am

So raiding are broken now, before you make some items, that cant be hide on alts or be teleporting.
What will happened if i run into enemy base and then they close the gate, i'll Ko from tresspass?
The real problem of a game that you can make only 2 things: make fields to get humors and then you can start second thing start raiding, trade system didnt work, raid system now didn't work.
In my opininon we need more quality things such as wood quality, water quality, items quality.
World

Postby colesie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:55 am

World wrote:So raiding are broken now, before you make some items, that cant be hide on alts or be teleporting.
What will happened if i run into enemy base and then they close the gate, i'll Ko from tresspass?
The real problem of a game that you can make only 2 things: make fields to get humors and then you can start second thing start raiding, trade system didnt work, raid system now didn't work.
In my opininon we need more quality things such as wood quality, water quality, items quality.

Once water is given a quality things start to get ***** up lol

But player to player trades, an auction house and some explanations of different scenarios of this new raid mechanic should be put higher on the list
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby 2venegret » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 am

things to fight for, wait 18 hours n else. true dat
2venegret

Postby Marlucia » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 am

I wonder what we can do with frogs?

A bunch of them spawned right next to my base.
Marlucia

Postby Vibe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:15 am

Seems like a good system. Much better than before at least. I do agree that newbie claims should be raided slightly easier though, but not as easy as before.

There's also one thing I'm still bothered by... the advantage is still the same if you stack walls. And wall stacking is just so damn ugly.
Vibe

Postby Mereni » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 am

Frogs are used in a new inspirational in the collections section, and in a new recipe in the forage section.

There's also a new inspirational in the toys section that is made with rags. The rags are made by tearing up clothes, but not newbie clothes.

Sorry I can't do screenshots, but I'm having a really hard time with the vanilla client. :(

Edit: Just want to say I love new inspirationals! yay!
Mereni

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements