Game Development: Time Enough for Love

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Time Enough for Love

Postby Conqueror_Worm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 am

Yay, patch! Keep up the good work.

Really makes me regret spending 3 more or less full days tearing down stone walls only to finish right before a nerf of their HP. :lol:
Conqueror_Worm

Postby Ornery » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:06 am

Does the "Trial by Fire" disappear by itself after a certain amount of time, or only after the town has no more auth?
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby Mereni » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:07 am

Rostak wrote:moronic change, you have just made it so murderers/thieves/whatevers are immune to retribution and that a wooden fence is largely as effective as the best walls, you have also just made it so now small towns and factions can not fight larger ones via trying to hit off hours when less people are around.

if you were going to a return of the ram type wait an hour to hopefully have a chance to break in system why couldn't you have just added the two other wall types and made it so the highest tier one needed a ram or this "waste claim" mechanic instead?

just more knee jerk very poorly thought out changes, i had high hopes for your development vision. now i realize you have sold out like every single other game company so paradox can sell more hats.

Wow, chill. This is a beta. Give it a chance to be tested before you start raging. Maybe it'll work and maybe it won't. If it doesn't, they'll change it again.

I like the random changes. A lot of things got a little cheaper and the additional skills requirements on things like saber and stuffed turkey make sense. Makes me want to make a new character to test, but I'm not bored with my current one yet! Decisions. :lol:

And I have to say I am Soooo glad the hp of walls went down and a new mechanic is being tested. I need to destroy some of mine and I just haven't been able to at all. I don't have the resources to gluttony up That high.
Mereni

Postby Rostak » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 am

update time would of been better spent fixing the camera in the default client instead of ruining the entire siege/pvp system of the game, what the hell was wrong with the original camera anyway? it did not induce epileptic seizures or headaches within 5 minutes of logging in reliably enough? this is the first time i have been forced to use it, my god it is like my eyes were installed backwards and i am looking through an 8 inch thick fish bowl.

hope you guys hire ender or someone like him, otherwise there will be 10 people left playing when he stops updating his client.
Last edited by Rostak on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rostak

Postby thearosen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:12 am

Very interesting... some good changes, some perhaps not so good. Kinda sucks I JUST spent a decent amount of time getting P&p to 3500 for turkey farming or it to be nerfed 2 days later, and just got gardening yesterday haha XD Oh well, such are the risks of playing a beta game. Overall most of the changes do make sense though...now time to see how hard it is to destroy walls again. :D
thearosen

Postby World » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:13 am

I want to get back all iron that i spend on a brasier pls
World

Postby Murphy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 am

I am amazed so far :)
Really looking forward to all new siege drama.
Thanks Jorbtar
Murphy

Postby DragonScythe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:17 am

there are frogs.
what in the tits do they do
Last edited by DragonScythe on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonScythe

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:19 am

Ornery wrote:Does the "Trial by Fire" disappear by itself after a certain amount of time, or only after the town has no more auth?

When the town runs out of authority or you destroy it, quite simply. I'd guess the second option would be the default.
loftar

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:23 am

I do not like Waste Claims. I do not think they make sense in any realistic way. The thing I <3 about this game is it is fairly realistic in its freedoms and choices. This is like ringing the doorbell 12 times before breaking into someones house. I fully understand the need to reign in the system somehow, but I do not agree with this choice. Town claims perhaps, as there is some possible reality to having to mobilize forces enough to attack a town, which would be detectable by said town. As far as pclaims go, i feel it is awful. This narrows the choices I have as a player, and forces someone to be a raider to be a successful criminal. No longer can I play the role of the slick thief, as there will undoubtedly be someone around to destroy my waste claim, which forces me to defend it. AND IT MAKES NO SENSE. Why would I scope out a place, find its weaknesses, and return announcing my intentions for 18 hours before acting!? Thanks for all the hard work nonetheless!

--My intentions as a character have been to be a thief, but not a fighter. I think this patch greatly reduced the potential of this playstyle.
Last edited by tweenprinc3ss on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tweenprinc3ss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements