Game Development: Time Enough for Love

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Time Enough for Love

Postby Matcio » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 pm

i only have a personal claim, it is stated there im a hermit which means i play on my own :) . sadly i had some really rough experience being on a village claim (attempted murder at least a few counts by my own villagers), not to mention stuff going missing all the time...
So i packed my bags and left off... i actually quit the game for a month or so.
Oh btw my brick house "took off" 2 days later after an MM scout walked past and offered their "protection" in exchange of silver so i have very little doubt about who had done it :)
Matcio

Postby Ikpeip » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 am

Matcio wrote:funny enough my brick house was wasted without any waste claims, unless of course i have managed to miss the attack banner somehow. That made me think 400 tiles away? that is quite some distance away should there be some warning if u have a waste claim built nearby? sorry im completely new to all this criminal activity (iv learned all the skills except for the criminal once) and being a humble hermit farmer i dont walk 400 tiles each side from may claim before logging out to check if there r some some silly "so and so's" that want to steal my oats :?
another thing that made me think - why on earth destroy my empty brick house and leave the main claim surrounded by the 2 simple stone walls ( brick house was on claim but no walls around it). do u really think it should be possible to destroy a solid brick house without any kind of siege equipment? :o Also i expect the hitpoints or a damage soak of the house is far too low.

Matcio wrote:i only have a personal claim, it is stated there im a hermit which means i play on my own :) . sadly i had some really rough experience being on a village claim (attempted murder at least a few counts by my own villagers), not to mention stuff going missing all the time...
So i packed my bags and left off... i actually quit the game for a month or so.
Oh btw my brick house "took off" 2 days later after an MM scout walked past and offered their "protection" in exchange of silver so i have very little doubt about who had done it :)

Dear Matcio,

I am sorry for your loss, and even more upset that a mutually beneficial relationship could not be established. I think your problem here is rooted in a misunderstanding of waste claim mechanics. Waste claims are only required to attack towns, and your brick house was not on town land - only a personal claim.

It is, indeed, quite difficult to tear down a brick house. It takes quite a bit of time and phlegm. However, if the house is completely unprotected (no walls, no brazier coverage), it can be done with the only risk being if the raider falls asleep out of boredom.

Evidence of the lack of defenses here.

Faithfully,

-Paul the Paymaster
Ikpeip

Postby Matcio » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 pm

"Crimes of Waste -- destruction of claimed property -- are now normally forbidden on both personal claims and town claims.
"A Subtle Warning":
Covers 400 x 400 tiles.
Allows crimes of waste against personal claims under its area of influence."

Does that not mean u need to build this banner before destroying property on personal claim?
Matcio

Postby Matcio » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:55 pm

oh and BTW i dont give a *** about my brick house, almost gave up on the game after i built it as there was nothing else to do...
and location was kinda getin bored, was planing to move long ago :)
conclusion: thanks for bringing the interest back in the game and i hope u and your criminals choke on the turkey butbones :lol:
sorry about this post tho, doesnt really apply to the topic...
Last edited by Matcio on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matcio

Postby Ornery » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm

It was patched to only need a waste claim to vandalize village claims, personal claims are open to vandal.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4093
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby Matcio » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:35 pm

i guess i missed this update somehow :/ well better for me...
Matcio

Postby Mereni » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Maybe these rollbacks should be edited into the original post from now on, so people who don't want to read the entire thread can also see them.
Mereni

Postby trinh » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Everything what help casual player will be good for Salem.

It's good path! :3
Image Plymouth! Live free or die trying. #salem @ synIRC statistics ⚔⚔⚔⚔
trinh

Previous

Return to Announcements