A bunch of changes & a polygamous love letter

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

A bunch of changes & a polygamous love letter

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Greetings dearest community!

It is with very mixed feelings that I am writing this post.

Coming the end of January I will be moving on to new projects at Paradox Interactive. Post production on War of the Roses to be more exact. This means I will be leaving Salem effective February 1st.

It has been an incredible experience to work with Salem and these last eight months have been wonderful in so many ways that it is simply too overwhelming to even try writing it all down in one thread. I have seen this community grow from a tiny group of testers to what it is today - a strange but somehow unique and fantastic group of people who have come together to play an even more unique game - and it has been a fantastic adventure. I'm trying to find the right words to represent all the great things I want to say about you all but in the end it essentially boils down to one simple thing. I love you all in a very weird non-sexual kind of way.

Nonetheless thou shall not fret! I will be leaving you in very capable hands.

Please join me in welcoming Dean "Enigmaz" Lillywhite to the team as your new head Admin and Paradox contact.

Dean previously worked at Blizzard Entertainment and has now been employed by Paradox Interactive to take care of ya'll. I won't deny him the joy of properly introducing himself though, so this will do for now. :)

Everything that previously would have been managed by me will from now on be on Dean's table.

Along with this there are some changes in the moderator assignments. From now on the following mods are responsible for the following forums.

Announcements - Everyone
City upon a Hill - staxjax & colesie
Help! - Gacrux
House of Burgesses - Potjeh
The Trade-Wind - Pjotr84
Planters & Pilgrims - AAlex
Bugs & Tech - MagicManICT
Ideas & Innovations - Attelso
Artifice & Arcana - TeckXKnight

Most of you will probably not notice this change in assignments as the mods still work globally, but if you have a subforum specific query you should contact the appointed moderator and you now know who they are!

Let this thread serve as a place for welcoming Dean and asking eventual questions about this change.

Yours truly,
With much sadness,
And some regret,
Although not too much,
But still some,
Mostly sadness though,
John "TotalyMoo" Rickne

P.S. And always remember. No fun allowed. Ever.
P.P.S. I never managed to figure out a good signature :(
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Re: A bunch of changes & a polygamous love letter

Postby Enigmaz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Hello Salem Community!

Thank's to TotalyMoo for the introduction. I have been speaking to moo and the mods and am very excited to be involved with the Salem forums and the community.

I will be spending a lot of time over the next week reading up on threads and generally getting a feel for how things are around these parts and look forward to getting to know you guys.
As Moo mentioned my previous experience is with Blizzard Entertainment for 6 years and I was involved with all of their major titles in one way or another during that period working in both the Paris and Cork offices.

I am originally from the UK but have spent time living in different parts of the EU. I spend a lot of my spare time gaming and when I can drag myself away from the computer long enough I like to sail and mountain bike. wow this is starting to sound like a post on a dating site :)

So that's a quick introduction from me, thanks to Moo and the mod team for getting me up to speed and thanks for the welcomes I can see already coming in as I write this :)
Last edited by Enigmaz on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigmaz

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

I welcome our new pink named overlord!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Procne » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 pm

I hope you didn't run away in fear Moo. Nevertheless, please take your chief with you :P

Oh, and hi Enigmaz. You better have some Magicka robes with you
Procne

Postby dageir » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Welcome! Fare well Moo!
Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell
dageir

Postby L33LEE » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Bye moo.

Welcome Pinky.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Murphy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Fare well Moo, sad to see you go but I hope you will have at least as much fun to steal from where you're going at as you had here.
Welcome Enigmaz, looking forward to your introduction. :D
Murphy

Postby uncleseano » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:48 pm

The King is dead. Long live the King
uncleseano

Postby Attelso » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Why do I have an incredible urge to hijack Enigmaz reserved post.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
Attelso

Postby darnokpl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Bye Moo and good luck with new project :)
and hi new pink-mod ¦]
darnokpl

Next

Return to Announcements