Game Development: Early Game Fixes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Early Game Fixes

Postby Gacrux » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 pm

khaelon wrote:Stuff

Another otherwise ignorant person, who can't handle change.
Gacrux

Postby imrielle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Gacrux wrote:
khaelon wrote:Stuff

Another otherwise ignorant person, who can't handle change.

He doesn't understand that bigger is better, poor thing.

I for one love the changes, clicking milkweeds? Devil's wort? Oh, gawd. It was awful, now its like a glorious rain of butterflies dancing on rainbow motes of happiness.
imrielle
Customer

Postby Procne » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Yeah, I love the new graphics for foragables as well. Although after switching to Ender's client and not seeing item images on minimap I was often confused about what are those strange new things on the ground ^^
Procne

Postby JinxDevona » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Procne wrote:Yeah, I love the new graphics for foragables as well. Although after switching to Ender's client and not seeing item images on minimap I was often confused about what are those strange new things on the ground ^^

I agree as well. Picking things up an seeing them in the first place is much easier now. However, I liked autumn grass the old way. I think it's kind of ugly now.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby Procne » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 pm

I like the new one. Although it might be more bright / yellow.
Procne

Postby Ass_Kraken » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 pm

I like the new camera, just needs some tweaking and getting used to.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Murphy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Ass_Kraken wrote:I like the new camera, just needs some tweaking and getting used to.

I like the new camera, too. The old one was causing nausea for me, this one doesn't. Not sure why everyone hates it. :(
Murphy

Postby JinxDevona » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 am

Procne wrote:I like the new one. Although it might be more bright / yellow.

That could work.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby magnoliax » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:22 am

Murphy wrote:
Ass_Kraken wrote:I like the new camera, just needs some tweaking and getting used to.

I like the new camera, too. The old one was causing nausea for me, this one doesn't. Not sure why everyone hates it. :(

i dnt hate the new one but it distorts the size of the objects making distant objects look even bigger than you have closer
magnoliax

Postby robert » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 am

khaelon wrote:Can someone explain why the devs went to Asian thinking size perspective objects?

Are we going to get our 50 foot long Bore Rifle soon with the 30 foot long wood chopping axe and are we getting neutered so that both male and female toons look identical?

Whats up with the 2nd Grader graphics of all the wilderness objects? I see chestnuts that are the size of basketballs, mushrooms that are the size of soccer balls....size proportion is totally whacked out now...

I like some of the graphic changes but size proportion needs to stay the same....I mean...geesh....if we are going for mutant wildlife objects, then lets call this something like Apocalyptic Salem Game of Death or similar.

so basicly what you are saying is. we should remove minimap icons from the default client, then set all forage-able items to realistic levels (chestnut being maybe 1-2" round) as well as have Ender remove minimap icon and highlighting.. naturally with that removed clicking on the minimap to harvest would be removed as well...

so by all means give that a try and let us know what you think.. when you are unable to even find a huckle berry in the brush map tiles. you might understand the reason for the larger sized items..

frankly i like the item size, sure the chest nut could use alittle nip & tuck to make it not AS huge but frankly i like actually being able to click "pick" on them instead of having to use a minimap. if you dont want that, im sure you could modify the clients to support your idea of super tiny realistic looking items... good luck finding a feather on the ground....
robert

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements