Game Development: Early Game Fixes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Early Game Fixes

Postby Odekva » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Whiskybob wrote:Grimthorns

Nerf made them give less common damage than Indian Arrowheads that are easier to find. I dont say thats a bad thing, bad thing is - you kept the difficulty. At the moment its harder to plant grimthorn than etterfangs.
Please reduce the difficulty on grimthorns.

I would say not reduce the difficulty but raise the c.damage, in their current state they are absolutely useless and not worth collecting. They are rarer than an arrow, that’s true -definitely need to be rebalanced.
The Dwarven Rose shop
Please visit, have quite a bunch of things including food. ;)
Odekva

Re: Game Development: Early Game Fixes

Postby khaelon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Yes, I played this without the Ender client and although having to click a number of times to get something it was nothing I could not handle...I use Ender nowadays mainly due to the fact that you can actually see icons pretty easily on the minimap but I only look at that for things which I really need to keep track of....enemy npcs, enemy pcs, feathers or if I am specifically looking for an item/object...otherwise I do not care....and as they have changed the object sizes to help the visually impared players, I will adjust and utilize them as well since there is no way to utilize the previous version still.

Kudos for enhancing handicapped player's playing options....I saw we had lots of them replying to the thread.
khaelon

Previous

Return to Announcements