Game Development: Early Game Fixes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Early Game Fixes

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:47 am

Everyone wrote:fixan cornmeal purity nao pl0x

Rather, alchemy should be fixed overall, quite simply. :)
loftar

Postby L33LEE » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 am

loftar wrote:
Everyone wrote:fixan cornmeal purity nao pl0x

Rather, alchemy should be fixed overall, quite simply. :)

The question is when :?:
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 am

That's a good question. I'm just saying that it's rather pointless to argue such minor details in this system. :)
loftar

Postby khaelon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Can someone explain why the devs went to Asian thinking size perspective objects?

Are we going to get our 50 foot long Bore Rifle soon with the 30 foot long wood chopping axe and are we getting neutered so that both male and female toons look identical?

Whats up with the 2nd Grader graphics of all the wilderness objects? I see chestnuts that are the size of basketballs, mushrooms that are the size of soccer balls....size proportion is totally whacked out now...

I like some of the graphic changes but size proportion needs to stay the same....I mean...geesh....if we are going for mutant wildlife objects, then lets call this something like Apocalyptic Salem Game of Death or similar.
khaelon

Postby Yes » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 pm

khaelon wrote:Whats up with the 2nd Grader graphics of all the wilderness objects? I see chestnuts that are the size of basketballs, mushrooms that are the size of soccer balls....size proportion is totally whacked out now...

Yes, you are totaly correct. This is sad that devs made objects on the ground easier to see. Mushrooms should be around the size of the characters hand and smaller, chestnuts should be the size of the eye and berries should be 1 pixel size. You should report this in the bugtracker.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby EnderWiggin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Foragables were increased in size for easier spotting and clicking on them. Have you tried to pick up arrowhead or crowberry before this update and without clicking on radar icons?
EnderWiggin

Postby Vibe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Foragables were increased in size for easier spotting and clicking on them. Have you tried to pick up arrowhead or crowberry before this update and without clicking on radar icons?

Or milkweed roots :E

I don't think you guys ever tried to pick anything up without rightclicking icons on the minimap.
Vibe

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm

khaelon wrote:Can someone explain why the devs went to Asian thinking size perspective objects?

Are we going to get our 50 foot long Bore Rifle soon with the 30 foot long wood chopping axe and are we getting neutered so that both male and female toons look identical?

Whats up with the 2nd Grader graphics of all the wilderness objects? I see chestnuts that are the size of basketballs, mushrooms that are the size of soccer balls....size proportion is totally whacked out now...

I like some of the graphic changes but size proportion needs to stay the same....I mean...geesh....if we are going for mutant wildlife objects, then lets call this something like Apocalyptic Salem Game of Death or similar.

The root of your argument is that the size of objections is out of proportion. To convey this you made a borderline racist analogy, an exaggerated analogy, a baseless analogy, and then a really ineffectual insult. To respond to your comment, realism does not necessarily make good or fun gameplay. In this case it has made it difficult to click on anything since development started and the first alpha was released. Before minimap radars you more or less had to zoom-in and out constantly to see anything and to hope to spot things. To respond to the rest of your post, please grow up.
TeckXKnight

Postby Droj » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Take a look at crickets...they've been there from the beginning. I'd rather have unrealistic proportions if it meant I could interact with the game easier.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Mereni » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:31 pm

I really like the changes in object appearances for the most part, and I like that they are a lot bigger. I can actually click on them to pick them up now when clicking on the minimap is not a good option (like when I'm standing too close or the one object is eclipsing the other on the radar).
Mereni

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements