Welcome, Citizens

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Welcome, Citizens

Postby Letar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:31 pm

painhertz wrote: Swastikas are an ancient American Indian symbol for good luck used by the Boy Scouts of America as recently as 1946. Sorry that your country is ass backwards and allows a despot to **** on a perfectly good symbol.

Yes, I'm totally aware of the history of the swastika thank you very much. I don't live in the country you refer to, and my ass backward country doesn't forbid the use of swastikas. Actually, still today, you can find a swastika here in at least one military flag.

I was just referring to the fact that laws are what they are in some places and we cannot change that fact.

Tonkyhonk wrote:no matter what you think, you cannot change the fact that some things are illegal and this one is not devs hobby. lets not worry about a very small part of what we might or might not miss, but instead enjoy what weve gained with these new forums to the fullest, shall we?

Exactly this!
Letar

Postby Potjeh » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:44 pm

I can't read this forum with this colour scheme :/
Potjeh

Postby APXEOLOG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Potjeh wrote:I can't read this forum with this colour scheme :/

It's not so bad :)
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:20 pm

painhertz wrote:Swastikas are an ancient American Indian symbol for good luck used by the Boy Scouts of America as recently as 1946. Sorry that your country is ass backwards and allows a despot to **** on a perfectly good symbol.

I think a more reasonable interpretation is that the swastika as a concrete glyph or symbol has multiple meanings and can be used for any one of them. If someone paves a swastika outside a raided camp, it's probably safe to assume that he did not mean it as an Indian greeting for good luck and prosperity. ^^

That is not said to excuse the American-imposed German censure on swastikas, of course. I'm just sayin' that if someone of the opposite sex shouts "***** you!" at you in anger, it's probably not an invitation for sweet love making. :)

APXEOLOG wrote:It's not so bad :)

It's not very good, either, though. :)
loftar

Postby Qukatt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:02 pm

There's far better things to pave in the ground to taunt people. I would like to see the oddgod symbol burned into the dirt on the heathen lands, of the dollar sign for the trader church or whatever symbols people come up with for their own town.

C'mon folks! This game is ripe for your own heraldry and taunts. Why rely on the crappy swastika or inverted crosses? Even the evil eye would be more impressive (and more era appropriate)
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:28 pm

loftar wrote:

not very good? its horrible... can you at least change the background color for the time-being?

Qukatt wrote:your own heraldry and taunts

exactly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 pm

loftar wrote:
painhertz wrote:Swastikas are an ancient American Indian symbol for good luck used by the Boy Scouts of America as recently as 1946. Sorry that your country is ass backwards and allows a despot to **** on a perfectly good symbol.

I think a more reasonable interpretation is that the swastika as a concrete glyph or symbol has multiple meanings and can be used for any one of them. If someone paves a swastika outside a raided camp, it's probably safe to assume that he did not mean it as an Indian greeting for good luck and prosperity. ^^

That is not said to excuse the American-imposed German censure on swastikas, of course. I'm just sayin' that if someone of the opposite sex shouts "***** you!" at you in anger, it's probably not an invitation for sweet love making. :)

True that, point taken. lol
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Onionfighter » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:08 am

Qukatt wrote:There's far better things to pave in the ground to taunt people. I would like to see the oddgod symbol burned into the dirt on the heathen lands, of the dollar sign for the trader church or whatever symbols people come up with for their own town.

C'mon folks! This game is ripe for your own heraldry and taunts. Why rely on the crappy swastika or inverted crosses? Even the evil eye would be more impressive (and more era appropriate)

Right on! Relying on someone else' symbol is lazy. Be original and make a unique symbol for your enemies to fear. I only wish we had more custom clothing, so groups could be more identifiable by how they dress.
Maybe some of the old H&H ideas for worshiping gods can eventually be put into Salem, and we can have our own churches and cults.
Onionfighter

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:02 am

Onionfighter wrote:I only wish we had more custom clothing, so groups could be more identifiable by how they dress.

This :)
loftar

Postby Kaios » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:34 am

PuMpKiNhEaD PwNeRz ArE bAcK BiOtChEs!!1 SWAG
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements