Welcome, Citizens

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Welcome, Citizens

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:28 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:That was a very common complaint that dual-players had on the Haven forums. Obscene, vulgar, or radical issues/ideas/complaints about the game met moderation rather than being recognized on the Paradox forums. While it's completely understandable why these things were not permitted; it seemed as if it would substantially hurt the game.

Salem is very much its own beast and requires a bit more special attention when it comes to forum rules.

Thus we created a new forum. The Paradox forums have been up since before this millennium and they are very sensitive to change at this point. A game like Salem just could not fit with the rules.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Vigilance » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Three cheers for a forum that doesn't suck ass.
Hip, hip, hurrah! :mrgreen:
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Within sanity, the forums need to be able to discuss what can and does happen in the game, like swastikas made of corpses. I'm very happy to have new forums with rules that are loose enough to accommodate some tomfoolery and discussion of a sandbox style pvp game.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:38 pm

you still probably aren't going to be able to post swastikas here, i'm not really sure how we're going to handle that.

*gives vigilance an infraction for his pottymouth*
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Zou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:53 pm

The best part about Haven was the unnecessary vulgarity! Why must you take this away from us? Is it because it's going to a published game?
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:48 pm

we don't actually have infractions here, assbreath. Image
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby ThePured » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:49 pm

sabinati wrote:we don't actually have infractions here, assbreath. Image
:D
jorb wrote:Oh not this **** again. I'm going to make it so that animals turn into fire breathing ***** dragons every time they come into base contact with a ***** signpost. Graaaah!
ThePured

Postby Letar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:05 am

Zou wrote:The best part about Haven was the unnecessary vulgarity! Why must you take this away from us? Is it because it's going to a published game?

Well, illegal stuff is illegal in some places. (if you were referring to swastikas)
Letar

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:47 am

Letar wrote:
Zou wrote:The best part about Haven was the unnecessary vulgarity! Why must you take this away from us? Is it because it's going to a published game?

Well, illegal stuff is illegal in some places. (if you were referring to swastikas)

Swastikas are an ancient American Indian symbol for good luck used by the Boy Scouts of America as recently as 1946. Sorry that your country is ass backwards and allows a despot to **** on a perfectly good symbol.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 am

no matter what you think, you cannot change the fact that some things are illegal and this one is not devs hobby. lets not worry about a very small part of what we might or might not miss, but instead enjoy what weve gained with these new forums to the fullest, shall we?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements