Game Development: Rooting thy Native Oak

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Rooting thy Native Oak

Postby Shiala » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:11 am

ramuller wrote:
colesie wrote:
jorb wrote:Stoves can be used to light torches

WHAT A CARING AND CONSIDERATE LAWD!

Of course, I couldn't carry the torch in the door while it is lit to light the stove, much less carry it out again after lighting from the stove with the default client. While holding the torch, the middle mouse button doesn't turn you and right clicking on the door does nothing.

Equip the torch instead of trying to carry it on your cursor. :lol:
Shiala

Postby ramuller » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 am

Shiala wrote:Equip the torch instead of trying to carry it on your cursor. :lol:

Thank you, I shall equip the torch, although I would rather carry a torch for you, helpful person.
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby ganette » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 am

LOVE IT! every part, keep these great updates coming woot!
ganette

Postby trinh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:36 am

*_*

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Image Plymouth! Live free or die trying. #salem @ synIRC statistics ⚔⚔⚔⚔
trinh

Postby Bolillo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 am

If a claim goes off, can somebody else refill it? What happens if someone does it? Are they still considered personal? :?:
It puts more humus in the fields or it gets the hose again
Bolillo

Postby Svolota » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:08 am

jorb wrote:As we really should have changed this a long time ago -- we've always planned to do it, but never gotten around to it -- we will be generous enough to allow you a one week mortatorium during which you will be able to recover 75% of all invested silver when declaiming (deposits in the bank).

is't mean that i can transfer money between servers? declaim on Plim -> bank -> take on James??
Svolota

Postby Gorukha » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:28 am

This new system sounds good, but it has it's flaws also. If someone has to leave for more than 2 months he should still be able to keep his homestead. Wouldn't a more fair system be that homestead is exempt from tax and make the following claim cost a bit more ? Why should someone who for example buys silver (not I) not have the luxury to at least have something to come back to if he decided to leave the game for a year ? AGAIN this company is going out of its way to lose customer and not make money. If I quit the game for a year after investing months of play I am probably not gonna come back knowing there is nothing if my investment left over. Yes this game has perma-death, but your homestead claim is the thing that you can inherit, and should be exempt from taxes.
Gorukha

Postby SniffyStiff » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:34 am

Well, all right and good about claims upkeep, but what about people who don't have internet access for more than 2 months? I have a summer job on ship for 6 months, so kinda hard for me to pay upkeep when on cargo ship...

I reckon it would be more fair if claims that r homesteads wouldn't require upkeep...
SniffyStiff

Postby ramuller » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 am

Svolota wrote:
jorb wrote:As we really should have changed this a long time ago -- we've always planned to do it, but never gotten around to it -- we will be generous enough to allow you a one week mortatorium during which you will be able to recover 75% of all invested silver when declaiming (deposits in the bank).

is't mean that i can transfer money between servers? declaim on Plim -> bank -> take on James??

Only for a week, but yes I killed an old claim on Plymouth and it is in my bank on Jamestown.
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby Amuse » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 am

I am a member of a town right, so all the land around me is already claimed and protected. The only purpose the claim stone serves currently is a teleport between my home, and Boston - A homestead. Now is there not a cheaper non taxable way to obtain a homestead?

Can anyone shed light as to why i shouldn't just declaim my stone and build a leanto to dodge the taxes? (No one can even get into my plot without a key).
Amuse

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements