Game Development: Criminally Thanksgiving

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Game Development: Criminally Thanksgiving

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:44 am

Dallane wrote:
sabinati wrote:look. i am the first to admit that i know exactly ***** all about how raiding works in salem, but during my time in playing it seems to me that it would cost you less bbile to scan the containers than it would to sit there and tank a brazier. if that is no longer the case, please enlighten me. consider me as a small child with little understand who hasn't played in months.

You get a charge for peaking and braziers fire on you for doing so.

ok but is the cost of peaking [sic] in all the containers less than the cost of tanking the goddamn brazier or what
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:46 am

sabinati wrote:ok but is the cost of peaking [sic] in all the containers less than the cost of tanking the goddamn brazier or what

braziers are doing the same amount of damage to you no matter what you are doing i'm fairly sure
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:51 am

right, so why ***** around trying to bash them when you could be looking for loot?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:55 am

sabinati wrote:right, so why ***** around trying to bash them when you could be looking for loot?

because you will have to make multiple trips instead of 1

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:56 am

please keep in mind that i am a 4 year old child and have not played this game recently, and explain further.
sabinati

Postby staxjax » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 am

The braziers can do up to 10bb damage every 3 seconds. If you bash the braziers down to half hp they will quit firing until repaired. Carrying containers is really slow and stealing from containers gives you a crime charge for each item. Carrying containers far enough from braziers to make them quit firing is a huge waste of bb and you'll be having to wait for debuff to drop to be able to regen quite frequently. If you are planning on spending any amount of time on a claim committing crimes, you get the most use out of your black bile if there are no braziers firing at you.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby FunForLife » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:13 pm

colesie wrote:
loftar wrote:
colesie wrote:A certain larper spammed 100 leantos onto our village claim not so long ago.

How did that happen, though? Did he make a claim and HS-spawn alts on there, or did he just build the leantos? In the former case, a village outsider shouldn't be able to pclaim over the village; and in the latter, isn't he as affected by the debuff from all dat vandalism?

The one section didn't have a claim yet so he dropped one, a massive one. We couldn't v claim over it because he could break the village symbols. He then spammed the same HS on the claim a hundred (give or take) times and filled the claim. We managed to declaim it and claim over with a v claim so that's all fine and dandy but the leantos remain. To destroy them would requite criminal acts and under your new system that would mean that we'd be left online for a long ass time.

If u declaimed his PC, you can PC the land by yourself. Destroying a Lean-To, even if its owned by someone isn´t a crime if its on your personal claim!

Never ever only VC a region. You always should claim double! The two types of claiming gives different power. Everybody can move through all your land if u only VC it, without a crime. They can walk right in position and start the crime where its most usefull.
FunForLife

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:16 pm

FunForLife wrote:Never ever only VC a region. You always should claim double!

That is actually very wrong. With a PC and VC people can destroy your auth objects. VC or Claim never both.

Dallane

Postby FunForLife » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Dallane wrote:That is actually very wrong. With a PC and VC people can destroy your auth objects. VC or Claim never both.

Can u please explain that in detail? What do u mean with "auth" objects?

Just to make sure, we are talking of the same: Only one guy claims all the land as PC and VC. Not a bench of claims!
Last edited by FunForLife on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunForLife

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 pm

FunForLife wrote:
Dallane wrote:That is actually very wrong. With a PC and VC people can destroy your auth objects. VC or Claim never both.

Can u please explain that in detail? What do u mean with "auth" objects?

the objects you use to expand your village

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements