Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Postby Ronch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:21 am

Methuzelah23 wrote: frantic monkey screeching.

LOL You got me on that one, touche !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Methuzelah23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 am

Ronch wrote:
Methuzelah23 wrote: frantic monkey screeching.

LOL You got me on that one, touche !

i was hoping that would be appreciated ;)
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:48 am

grapefruitv wrote:Grapes were ridiculously OP and it was very clear that they are going to be adjusted down eventually, whether their original values were a bug or intended. Of all things that is not something I expected to see people complain about.

Indeed a bug. Should have been a fairly obvious one by those who knew about it given that white grapes and red grapes had dramatically different values, which evidenced that I fixed their values, only to fail on having it apply to both sets of grapes. I was extremely close to nerfing any character who abused it without reporting it into the ground, but decided on a massive reward to the player who did bring it to my attention. The rest of this thread seems to be filled with either tears or lies so I won't say much about that other than new content will continue to roll out, expeditions going, or otherwise. Players who cannot roll with the punches are of course advised to just leave.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:56 am

Hey morons,
Keep the HoB drama in HoB instead of announcements.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Brego » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 am

nice way to play pay to win and getting fast skill for abusing ''bug'' at big factions ,i remember well someone showed up a screenshot with this grape food to all people after first week at this expedition.i'm done ,thank you devs.
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 am

Brego wrote:nice way to play pay to win and getting fast skill for abusing ''bug'' at big factions ,i remember well someone showed up a screenshot with this grape food to all people after first week at this expedition.i'm done ,thank you devs.

Your welcome, and I am sorry that it wasn't fixed 'properly' the first time. When I first saw it I moved its unlock to give me time to debug it. Then in the next week (should have been way before people had fruit orchards) I pushed what I thought was the fix and tested it by making something with white grapes on the test server. Unfortunately, my character on Concord doesn't have Fruit Orchards so I never noticed that I forgot to fix red grapes. I was a bit furious when I saw that peopel had been abusing red grapes when I started digging through some server data and found that 14,000 Fruity Salads were consumed. For hte record this would have been teh equivalent of one guy taking a character to about 435 to all. However, it was split amongst a dozen+ players so in reality I would estimate the average player 'abusing' this has about a 40-75 bile advantage as a result of it. In the end I couldn't justify smiting players over it given that as mentioned previously it did require they invest in their infrastructure to spam it accordingly so while it was certaily 'too good' and I believe players knew what they were doing, it wasn't so exploitable I felt extremes were necessary. However, the fact they would then later 'cry' in this thread that they cannot further bug-abuse is what frustrates me more when it was only through a sheer volume of self-restraint that I didn't go torch their bases in the first place.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 am

@JohnCarver, you sound irresponsible like dev-noob :P
it looks like you're throwing new things (mechanic) without testing every aspet with this new things (mechanic) :lol:
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 pm

JohnCarver wrote: When I first saw it I moved its unlock to give me time to debug it

Looks like a "don't use grapes, they're bugged" is too much to ask for.
And no, it wasn't obvious it was bug abusing, something that takes weeks to get is expected to be powerful, but you just managed to wait until people started using it a lot, to "fix" it.

It is absolutely your fault that you did not either notice that red grapes were still good, or that you didn't warn players about how grape food isn't supposed to be good.

But yea sure we're all bug abusers for eating food :lol:

JohnCarver wrote: new content will continue to roll out, expeditions going, or otherwise

Once upon a time many players would be happy that a new patch rolled out, nowadays your patches are something we just look at and say "ffs wth are you even doing"
Rifmaster

Postby JohnSnow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Nsuidara wrote:@JohnCarver, you sound irresponsible like dev-noob :P
it looks like you're throwing new things (mechanic) without testing every aspet with this new things (mechanic) :lol:

yes you tell true he is not testing.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm

I wasn't going to conticune this topic, since conversation went far from that since I left for bed, but since you mention fruit salads production being an actual "industry" again, I kinda have to.

If it took weeks for you, then you did something wrong. Takes couple of hours to get your first grapes, if you are unlucky.
The next day you will have atleast 9 more to plant per each grape you got from kudzus. 9 grapes and 15 minutes spent on building fences is enough to have 100+ grapes the next day. And you can harvest them more than once/day. And you need them for wine either way, so they don't become useless after this patch and you can't complain about killed industry regarding your vineyards.
So far that is 2 days and about an hour of your active involvment (considering time spent making 20-30 pots and planting kudzus).
Then you need to plant some berries in your 200 pots (which took couple hours to make, but you didn't make them solely for that purpose, so that hardly counts)
Then you passively wait for a week
The hardest part in all of this is collecting foraged berries, but with forage on you can collect few dozens real quick.
Saying you need a bell for this is just wrong.
1. Berry bushes can be just fine if you leave them unclaimed atleast for a few days, if not weeks or even forever
2. They don't take up much space and you can plant them at useless-ish areas
3. I really really doubt that anyones primary goal at building a bell was making claim for their berry bushes. So again, you can't say it is really related to this "industry" other than 200 stones spent on boundries.

So we are at 3-5 hours of total work for one player and a week of passively waiting. If done with a group, you can't even notice any effort invested.
grapefruitv

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements