Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

grapefruitv wrote:I wasn't going to conticune this topic, since conversation went far from that since I left for bed, but since you mention fruit salads production being an actual "industry" again, I kinda have to.

If it took weeks for you, then you did something wrong. Takes couple of hours to get your first grapes, if you are unlucky.
The next day you will have atleast 9 more to plant per each grape you got from kudzus. 9 grapes and 15 minutes spent on building fences is enough to have 100+ grapes the next day. And you can harvest them more than once/day. And you need them for wine either way, so they don't become useless after this patch and you can't complain about killed industry regarding your vineyards.
So far that is 2 days and about an hour of your active involvment (considering time spent making 20-30 pots and planting kudzus).
Then you need to plant some berries in your 200 pots (which took couple hours to make, but you didn't make them solely for that purpose, so that hardly counts)
Then you passively wait for a week
The hardest part in all of this is collecting foraged berries, but with forage on you can collect few dozens real quick.
Saying you need a bell for this is just wrong.
1. Berry bushes can be just fine if you leave them unclaimed atleast for a few days, if not weeks or even forever
2. They don't take up much space and you can plant them at useless-ish areas
3. I really really doubt that anyones primary goal at building a bell was making claim for their berry bushes. So again, you can't say it is really related to this "industry" other than 200 stones spent on boundries.

So we are at 3-5 hours of total work for one player and a week of passively waiting. If done with a group, you can't even notice any effort invested.

Cool story bro, now go get fruit orchards in 5 hours, make a couple hundred pots, and get enough space for all the pots and the bushes, all while having to do every other early game thing in the game.
Also no, anyone noticing anything useful that is unclaimed near your base, will break it.

I wonder why your faction claimed to use those ****** "omega" foods when fruit food was so easy to make and only took 5h of work! :lol:
Rifmaster

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 pm

You don't need to get fruit orchards in 5 hours. You have a week to get it, while you wait for your berry bushes.
So you only need 115 H&S for shrub orchards.
You also needed the skill prior to setting your fruit salad "industry" just to know you need it.
Yet again, would you not get those skills, if not for the grapes?
So tell me finally what industry and enormous effort did this patch ruin for you?
grapefruitv

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 pm

grapefruitv wrote:You don't need to get fruit orchards in 5 hours. You have a week to get it, while you wait for your berry bushes.
So you only need 115 H&S for shrub orchards.
You also needed the skill prior to setting your fruit salad "industry" just to know you need it.
Yet again, would you not get those skills, if not for the grapes?
So tell me finally what industry and enormous effort did this patch ruin for you?

No I certainly would not bother getting fruit orchards if not for grape food, atleast not for a while anyway.
I really really wonder why you did not invest these 5 hours to get said grape food if it's so damn easy to do it?

grapefruitv wrote:You also needed the skill prior to setting your fruit salad "industry" just to know you need it.

?
Rifmaster

Postby Zapt13 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
No I certainly would not bother getting fruit orchards if not for grape food, atleast not for a while anyway.
I really really wonder why you did not invest these 5 hours to get said grape food if it's so damn easy to do it?

grapefruitv wrote:You also needed the skill prior to setting your fruit salad "industry" just to know you need it.

?

I think he's saying that you wouldn't have known how good Fruit Salad was before having the skills and materials to make one and see it first hand.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Judaism wrote:
Grapes values were reported by us the very first week, it was then skill gated to fruit orchards.
Rifmaster

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:10 pm

Rifmaster wrote:I really really wonder why you did not invest these 5 hours to get said grape food if it's so damn easy to do it?

I am not in the "abuser of the year" contest. But if you are informed enough of my activities on Concord, which you implying you are, then you must know that I single handedly built multiple vineyards providing few thousands grapes daily each and I speak from experience when I say it takes almost 0 effort and very little time investment.
And I sure as hell have experience with planting bushes and trees to know it's not hard either once you have a bunch of compost bins and pots, which every group did have and would have had without grape foods.
grapefruitv

Postby Methuzelah23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:23 pm

grapefruitv wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:I really really wonder why you did not invest these 5 hours to get said grape food if it's so damn easy to do it?

I am not in the "abuser of the year" contest. But if you are informed enough of my activities on Concord, which you implying you are, then you must know that I single handedly built multiple vineyards providing few thousands grapes daily each and I speak from experience when I say it takes almost 0 effort and very little time investment.
And I sure as hell have experience with planting bushes and trees to know it's not hard either once you have a bunch of compost bins and pots, which every group did have and would have had without grape foods.

Your grapes were practically nothing and that doesn't even address his question, sure planting grapes is easy. But you just look utterly stupid when you ignore the skill investment that early on. If it was so easy to get, then you look even more stupid because you and yours got put down and whined about "titans", when according to you it's easy af. So you failed at something that took "almost 0 effort" I think I dropped some IQ just reading your ignorant ramblings.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:44 pm

grapefruitv wrote:

If you had even known that grapes were good, you would have used them just like anyone else.
Since you claim that you knew about it but didn't use it since it was apparently obvious to you that they were bugged, surely you reported it to JC as soon as you found out, and collected this huge reward that he gave to whoever reported it.
Of course what really happened was that you had no idea about grapes even being fruit food, and you would have gotten on the grape train to titan biles if you had known. Now you are tilted because you didnt use them and you're pretending to be a speshal snowflake with great restraining powers. :lol: :lol:
Rifmaster

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Rifmaster wrote:

Methuzelah23 wrote:Your grapes were practically nothing and that doesn't even address his question, sure planting grapes is easy. But you just look utterly stupid when you ignore the skill investment that early on. If it was so easy to get, then you look even more stupid because you and yours got put down and whined about "titans", when according to you it's easy af. So you failed at something that took "almost 0 effort" I think I dropped some IQ just reading your ignorant ramblings.

Please accept my condolences on behalf of your IQ, but as I already stated, I am not here to win the abuser title. Nor am I going to stoop to poop throwing.
I am only here to discuss patch and game mechanics.
One thinking that something is easy does not always means one would do that.
You guys will have to try ad hominem on someone else.
I think it is fair to asume that every group had a dedicated gardener and that said gardener would push his H&S up, even if for some silly reason you did not want fruit orchards. And it is also fair to assume that no one will argue that this prof somehow became useless after this patch.
grapefruitv

Postby Methuzelah23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:38 pm

grapefruitv wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:

Methuzelah23 wrote:Your grapes were practically nothing and that doesn't even address his question, sure planting grapes is easy. But you just look utterly stupid when you ignore the skill investment that early on. If it was so easy to get, then you look even more stupid because you and yours got put down and whined about "titans", when according to you it's easy af. So you failed at something that took "almost 0 effort" I think I dropped some IQ just reading your ignorant ramblings.

Please accept my condolences on behalf of your IQ, but as I already stated, I am not here to win the abuser title. Nor am I going to stoop to poop throwing.
I am only here to discuss patch and game mechanics.
One thinking that something is easy does not always means one would do that.
You guys will have to try ad hominem on someone else.
I think it is fair to asume that every group had a dedicated gardener and that said gardener would push his H&S up, even if for some silly reason you did not want fruit orchards. And it is also fair to assume that no one will argue that this prof somehow became useless after this patch.

Well if you dont have the mentality to "win" idk what you're doing on concord in a faction. Let alone playing games in General, but I guess that's why you're back to growing pumpkins on the pve server.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements