Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.5 Tulip Mania!

Postby Taipion » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm

+1 for more uses for fyne leather :-)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:42 am

Just a quick update, it does look like the next patch will be 2.3 HORSES! However, I ran into some complications and do not think I could get them in properly under a time crunch. I will be aiming for next weekend now on that.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Qiresea » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:44 am

thanks for all the work you do for us, jc ! <3
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Ofisat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Just a quick update, it does look like the next patch will be 2.3 HORSES! However, I ran into some complications and do not think I could get them in properly under a time crunch. I will be aiming for next weekend now on that.

Thanks, looking forward to it JC!
Ofisat
Customer

Postby toddesloan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Late to the party but great patch JC.

Being able to salvage unpaid bells/PCs has definitely motivated me to get out and roam/play on prov again!
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby akpeters678 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:55 pm

toddesloan wrote:Late to the party but great patch JC.

Being able to salvage unpaid bells/PCs has definitely motivated me to get out and roam/play on prov again!

What does this mean? salvage unpaid bells/PC's? Are bells, not actually meaning bells? Does it mean claims?
akpeters678

Postby toddesloan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:17 am

It means pay your rent. Or your base is gone :D

The Clintons support this new bill 100%
:D
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Adelewhy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:35 am

akpeters678 wrote:
toddesloan wrote:Late to the party but great patch JC.

What does this mean? salvage unpaid bells/PC's? Are bells, not actually meaning bells? Does it mean claims?

It means if you don't pay your town bell or your pclaim and leave it empty of silver, it is NOT a crime for anyone to just walk on, salvage anything in their path and walk away with all the fruits of your labor. So always keep money on both claimstones and townbells.
Adelewhy

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 am

Patch Update:
----------------
All animals that 'roam' use the same AI functions to do so. Thus all animals that can fight you, alternate between the same roaming function and what normally amounts to a similar or custom fighting behavior. While this has served us well so far, I decided that it would be much cooler if I broke apart the roaming behavior from being hard coded and allowed different animals to 'roam' the lands under different terms.

Horses, for example, will be the first use of thsi technology, and I'm not entirely sure how prevalent it would be. It would be possible of course to make yetis only roam in the snow, and pigs only roam in the mud etc, etc. Feel free to comment if you have fun ideas about what unique roaming behaviors I could do. But for horses I have decided to give them herding AI and pack-AI. As well as I'm working on a collective spook mechanism so when you spook one in a pack, they will all follow him as they dart away.

Its loosely functional on the test server, but this, along with a handful of other complications and whims have caused yet another delay for 2.3 I am sorry but I can assure you each week you are not necessarily losing content or improvements, just amassing a larger chunk of it when I do get to dropping it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kish » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:51 am

Goats must walk freely in the mountains.

Pigs can make dirt and destroy fields.
Last edited by Kish on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kish

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements