Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:58 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:
Screw post office. Give us falcons and allow us to send falcons to deliver letters to people even if the letter means a pm that is delayed every 3-5 mins per delivery.

notices falcon approaching
receives letter

"***** lol"

uninstalls game
strpk0

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:u mean.... i can finally get my letter to Hogwarts :o

Heff let loose in a children's school with magical powers......nothing could go wrong there!

im not Hagrid who is a smuddy long bearded fat guy looking like a bum with a squashed birthday cake smashing in your door then telling you that if you follow him you will become a great wizard... i mean noone sees anything wrong with that so uh...
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:u mean.... i can finally get my letter to Hogwarts :o

Heff let loose in a children's school with magical powers......nothing could go wrong there!

im not Hagrid who is a smuddy long bearded fat guy looking like a bum with a squashed birthday cake smashing in your door then telling you that if you follow him you will become a great wizard... i mean noone sees anything wrong with that so uh...

Will your restraining order to not be within 100 ft of a muggle school transfer over to the magical world?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:01 pm

:shock:
Last edited by Ronch on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 pm

lol
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Thanks to your feedback I now know I should strongly consider removing PM's in their current form. Thus the feedback gathering is proving successful. I fail to see how you are not happy now that no chat mechanic is ruined by Witchcraft (your original concern).

Finally, I will not got spam on priv from Kuku ingame :cry: ¦] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
because here no "ignor/ban" chat :D
remove it! i love it idea for remove chat PM ingame!

I wonder when you will add basements :( what need for this ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Since we are on the subject of chats shouldn't you also remove party and town chat aswell? If you can't talk in PMs with your mind how in the world would you in a party? How the ***** would you magically know where people are located? I've personally never had a arrow pointing to where a person is located....has anyone else? Townchat? ha thats for facebook and fake news. It would be impossible to communicate with another person across your town with the hustle and bustle of every day work going on. Remove it all and let public chat reign supreme.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Dallane wrote:Since we are on the subject of chats shouldn't you also remove party and town chat aswell? If you can't talk in PMs with your mind how in the world would you in a party? How the ***** would you magically know where people are located? I've personally never had a arrow pointing to where a person is located....has anyone else? Townchat? ha thats for facebook and fake news. It would be impossible to communicate with another person across your town with the hustle and bustle of every day work going on. Remove it all and let public chat reign supreme.

remove it!
In UO priv server role-play here no team (mechanic)
ofc. no arrows - people dont know where other, only skype, forum etc, ts...
only local (near) chat

or ONLY

or post-ofice (but not all servers)

only Game Master have power for send "Message" into mind other
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm

or we could remove area chat as well and use only emotes to communicate? we would need one or two new emotes added, but nothing too complicated
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:13 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
I did want feedback. For this exact reason. The feedback I got was "I was so totally obsessed with Chat-MMO 2018 that I completely ignored the entire Kin Mechanic as being some glorified online chat room". So that the secondary use of a relationship mechanic was perceived to be some method of Telepathic Chat. Reminding me that I hate Telepathic Chat supported in the game, and thus reminding me that its not just damaging from its illogical use, but also damaging the perception of the mechanic itself.

Thanks to your feedback I now know I should strongly consider removing PM's in their current form. Thus the feedback gathering is proving successful. I fail to see how you are not happy now that no chat mechanic is ruined by Witchcraft (your original concern).

Fine, that will indeed solve the chat concern, albeit at the price of your charming and still currently fun to play game's success.
...I offered my feed back and you revealed your narcosis.

Have a nice day, and good luck with the path you've chosen.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements