Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby gustavohvg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:44 am

JohnCarver wrote:Don't trade with Witches :).

Hm... you know that 99% of the playerbase will unkin 99% of their kin list, right?

A huge part of the fun of the game is chatting in-game with people that you don't necessarily trust while you plain boards or cut trees, etc. The grind necessary for some stuff isn't that fun as it is and will be a lot worse without chatting
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Reviresco » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:46 am

I'm dumping all of my non-self kins on all of my characters.

Not crying about it, just want the change's effect on one player to be tallied.
Reviresco

Postby vysen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 am

I assume the bugfix is correcting the fact players do not start with the diaper equipped during the tutorial?
vysen

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 am

gustavohvg wrote:Hm... you know that 99% of the playerbase will unkin 99% of their kin list, right?

A huge part of the fun of the game is chatting in-game with people that you don't necessarily trust while you plain boards or cut trees, etc. The grind necessary for some stuff isn't that fun as it is and will be a lot worse without chatting

Now the fun of the game will be forging relationships with TRUE friends who you CAN trust. Thus bringing more value to those friendships given the precious nature a trusted friend.

vysen wrote:I assume the bugfix is correcting the fact players do not start with the diaper equipped during the tutorial?

LOL
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:48 am

JohnCarver wrote:
gustavohvg wrote:Hm... you know that 99% of the playerbase will unkin 99% of their kin list, right?

Now the fun of the game will be forging relationships with TRUE friends who you CAN trust. Thus bringing more value to those friendships given the precious nature a trusted friend.

But the NPC says DESCRIBE... so its already too late or is that just a typo? Cause unkinning still allows the describe.
Tulgarath

Postby Reviresco » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:49 am

OK I'll be friends with Zodd still. Rest of y'all can ***** off. :P
Reviresco

Postby Qiresea » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 am

Dallane wrote:new run animation NEEDS to be this

+1
gorniksam

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 am

I wish I could ease your minds in these troubling times but the honest truth is I'm not done figuring out the 'exact' mechanics of the kin-list shennanigans.

What I can tell you, is that when I first started playing this game your HS was your most prized possession and you didn't give it to anybody because you could 'port' to a players base with it. Salem did just fine under this mechanic so the sky will not fall.

However, I like the idea that traders can be more reachable through the HS mechanic on the forums so I am a bit conflicted here.

As it stands though. Witch Hunters do indeed just wish to have the DESCRIBE of a witch. I.E. A witch will in all cases want to avoid being memorized AND suspected of WitchCraft. False Accusations of course carry a decent penalty to the accuser, and all who join in on the mob. As for Witches cursing pilgrims through the Kin List. This is partly due to the ease of 'targeting' players remotely, but I still think its reasonable that the Witch has something of yours in order to do so. Is that something as simple as a piece of clothing you touched? Or perhaps you vomited in town and they secretly scooped it up and brought it home. Either way, I still think its reasonable that players had more than a simple HS that lead them to their ill-interactions with Witches.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:56 am

eww !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements