Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby Reviresco » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:35 pm

If you increase the draw distance to *****, we wouldn't need mini maps anyway.
Reviresco

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:39 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Can we also get a fog of war simulation going on at the edges of our screens(not the screen but as a 3d environmental thing attached to that individual character so its not just a drop off the edge of the screens tile loading distance.

But that might reinforce the belief that the World is indeed flat.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:47 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:
We aren't cavemen. We are pilgrims that speak english. Removing ingame public chat is silly.

But players can be born deaf, and players can be born mute.

So a 1:100 chance that when you hit 100 to all biles your character cannot hear or speak seems like a reasonable way to simulate disabilities while having the nice work-around that players won't spam alts until they get a non-deaf non-mute one.

And on that topic, perhaps a 1:1000 for blindness where you can still hear sounds, but your screen always is in a 'loading' state, and you need to listen to the clapping of your friends to navigate your base.

what about born with broken brain - like this alt can't learn skills ? :P

or without hand/leg ? and will be like
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Aduah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:02 pm

As someone was saying, back in UO days, especially OSI days, communication was hard. You spoke in blocks to whoever was next to you. Your chat 'log' lasted only for a very short amount of time. And if you were a certain amount of space away from someone (ie not on the screen), you couldn't hear someone's conversation. There was also not whispering, so if you needed to be secretive you had to write it down and hand it to the person. (I'd really like to see secure trading). There was no post office, there was that cute little message board that was on the side of the bank in every town. Communication outside of the game was not abundant. Players managed to organize most of their **** with their guilds inside that game.

When I started this game, I knew it would be hard to play, and even harder to find friends in-game, if H&H was any indication to go off of.

That all being said I feel like this game has an abundant opportunity for a roleplay community, especially with witches, but I haven't seen it at all. Then again, like everyone else, I trust no one, so I play alone.

As far as witches go, well I don't know ANYTHING about them because I guess the mechanic is supposed to be secret. Which I get. I know there is something called darkness... I don't know, all together I am puzzled. I think if you want a witch-hunting mechanic to work out, you are going to have to give us some sort of way to tell if someone is a witch. It doesn't have to be obvious. Maybe a priest skill or a sense evil skill. or maybe a witch has tells, that people can pick up on.

Maybe a witch cant come within a certain radius of a church or cant see in a pclaim that has a church on it. Or maybe if a which comes within a radius of a church it leaves evidence that can track a witch, or that ping on a players radar if a player has a certain skill and the player is near a church or bears a holy symbol. Perhaps these things become less effective in the darkness?

I don't know. I'm not super familiar with the mechanics right now because I have only been playing for like a week. Just some thoughts.
Aduah

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:11 pm

Looks like Ronch's mouth finally got sore from the creative genius' hot dog.
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:33 pm

how are we suppose to farm Perennial Philosophy for Tailoring now? :|
Heffernan

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Heffernan wrote:how are we suppose to farm Perennial Philosophy for Tailoring now? :|

you must wait 1 year
other players need wait 1 week, max two for revamp PP & Witches :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:25 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Ronch wrote:If you did or do not want conversations in feed-back to derive from your notes to us about upcoming updates, then why the hell do you even post them to begin with ?

I did want feedback. For this exact reason. The feedback I got was "I was so totally obsessed with Chat-MMO 2018 that I completely ignored the entire Kin Mechanic in favor of it being some glorified online chat room". So that the secondary use of a relationship mechanic was perceived to be some method of Telepathic Chat. Reminding me that I hate Telepathic Chat supported in the game, and thus reminding me that its not just damaging from its illogical use, but also damaging the perception of the mechanic itself.

Thanks to your feedback I now know I should strongly consider removing PM's in their current form. Thus the feedback gathering is proving successful. I fail to see how you are not happy now that no chat mechanic is ruined by Witchcraft (your original concern).

Nsuidara wrote:I was like Ultima Online priv role play servers - because here only chat "where you can hear" - walls block etc.

when PM will be removed can be implement "post office" for send leters :P

Yes I think this is a better direction indeed.

MaxPlanck wrote:
Screw post office. Give us falcons and allow us to send falcons to deliver letters to people even if the letter means a pm that is delayed every 3-5 mins per delivery.

Yes Falcon Letters! Good god my day is so much better.

Let this stand as a shining example of what good can come out of Ronch arguing to remove PM's from Salem.

Can we PLEASE have the ability to flog players that badger you into making drastic changes because they won't shut the hell up about what they dislike??? When you make a change due to being badgered over something (which chat removal will now be in honor of Ronch), you could have an event where you summon that person into town and have them tied to a wagon wheel. All those outraged could flock to town and flog the biles out of the character. You'll get to enjoy the screams of the flogged person and the angry tears of the mob as they beat the trouble maker.... so it's a win win for you.. Just a suggestion...
Adelewhy

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Adelewhy wrote:Can we PLEASE have the ability to flog players that badger you into making drastic changes because they won't shut the hell up about what they dislike??? When you make a change due to being badgered over something (which chat removal will now be in honor of Ronch), you could have an event where you summon that person into town and have them tied to a wagon wheel. All those outraged could flock to town and flog the biles out of the character. You'll get to enjoy the screams of the flogged person and the angry tears of the mob as they beat the trouble maker.... so it's a win win for you.. Just a suggestion...

You can go 2nd on the flogging then for suggesting flogging. Also, Ronch just ***** about the change, I am the one who made the suggestion to still have some form of pm'ing in the game rather than just deleting it in whole and just not having pm's at all.

Falcon letters are a great idea.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:23 am

JohnCarver wrote:Wingarangs now return to the spot they were thrown from if not connecting with their target.

Sick players who vomit will now appropriately leave it on the ground.

<3
gorniksam

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements