Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 am

Darwoth wrote:
gustavohvg wrote:
Yes it was abundant since UO:T2A (the second verison of UO and the first I played). People did use mIRC to chat and then ICQ.

But you're all comparing 2 critically different games. UO 1) didn't had permadeath, 2) had a very safe base (house) system if you took little precautions, and 3) didn't need 50h of game play grinding wood and metals to have a reasonable infra-structure

not really trammie.

the t2a and renaissance **** your referencing is all crap that came after UO was ruined by carebear changes and the pve mirror world trammel was added for the gimps.

1> i looted many dozens of houses, stole towers and keeps etc. in the real version of the game getting someones key meant you now owned their house and everything they had. there also did not used to be the ***** "lockdown" system as that also came later, nor was there automatic revealing of stealthed characters within your own house as that also came later.

2> on anything but a brand new server it took a lot more than "50 hours" to get "infrastructure" since all the house spots were taken within the first month and a half of any new server and even a 20k small house had its value inflated to several hundred grand as a result and you needed one to train characters/macro in unless you wanted to get smoked in town and lose all your regs.

3> UO had something very close to permadeath (but only for pks, which was pathetically ridiculous) since in the old days getting GM to a skill like magery or resists was a massive grind that required obscene amounts of gold for the regs and a month or more of 24/7 macroing to cap out. after all that once you had five murders/turned red and got killed you were completely ***** on your stats if you ressed before waiting off all of your murder counts by staying logged in as a ghost, which was a many month process for anyone that wasnt **** at pvp so most people just rerolled a new character if they got killed because it was faster than waiting for their ghost to wait its counts off. this carebear change was one of the first major controversies in UO and the reason everyone that didnt suck ass switched to siege perilous.

salem could learn much from UO, the real version that apparently very few people recall.

100% right

I remember when was go on a dungeon and many times running away or fight and lose (EQ) - ofc. role play server - diff. rules
often selver PK (not player killer) but mean when player resurrected this same player kill again... - PK was bannable

in UO exsist PvP and nice content world PvE etc.

but first month when update come - i remove all from kin list :D
because somebody 100% find bug and will using without punishment - im not wanna die :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Forungi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am

Literally worst update in the history of updates.

Game was fun while it lasted, but if I can't enjoy my witch then I won't enjoy the game anymore.
Cya all on the other side!

If you have enjoyed my banter, hit me up on DIscord: Forungi#3353
Forungi

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 am

Forungi wrote:Literally worst update in the history of updates.

Game was fun while it lasted, but if I can't enjoy my witch then I won't enjoy the game anymore.

Forungi wrote:#1: Witches will be MUCH more powerful, and MUCH more fragile in the upcoming months

Which one scared you away? The thought of becoming more powerful, or more fragile?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Forungi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Forungi wrote:Literally worst update in the history of updates.

Forungi wrote:#1: Witches will be MUCH more powerful, and MUCH more fragile in the upcoming months

Which one scared you away? The thought of becoming more powerful, or more fragile?

The fact that we can do things through the kin list instead of in the actual world. Immersion ruined.
And like with all things Salem, it will be heavily tipped in the "accusers" favor.
Never mind the fact that I only have a darkness base, which is completely useless now that all my characters will be extra fragile.

Salem needs more pvp changes, not stupid right click your kin to do something changes.

I encourage everyone to try to find my base, southwestern part of the lumberwoods, filled to the brim with shop tools and such, I just opened the main gates for you.
Forungi

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:31 am

Forungi wrote:The fact that we can do things through the kin list instead of in the actual world. Immersion ruined.

Another player who hates the PM function and is quitting over it. Are you keeping count Ronch on how many people hate the fact they can PM through the kin list? Falcons are truly a priority!
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Forungi wrote:The fact that we can do things through the kin list instead of in the actual world. Immersion ruined.

Another player who hates the PM function and is quitting over it. Are you keeping count Ronch on how many people hate the fact they can PM through the kin list? Falcons are truly a priority!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Falcons are truly a priority! and only pure way!

100 Points for Falcons House
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Ronch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am

JohnCarver wrote:Another player who hates the PM function and is quitting over it. Are you keeping count Ronch on how many people hate the fact they can PM through the kin list? Falcons are truly a priority!

I'm flattered by your continued overtures.

I think you are to narrowly focused on the chat aspect of the kin-list, and totally missing the long reaching implications of the other functions or uses of player's kin-list that your brilliant idea will have negative impact(s) on.

Your lack of foresight is hilarious, almost as hilarious as your pathetic spin-doctor attempts to cover the trail of your frequent contradictions and buffoonery.
...Such self destructive-behavior(s) as yours, is a sure sign of being an undesirable target of financial investment. (at any level)

In the end Mr Carver, why players quit playing will have less meaning than how many players quit playing.
...:But of course none of this will be your fault, it will be exclusively the fault of players with enough integrity to offer you earnest feedback, wont it ?
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:12 pm

FFS
Ronch wrote:...Such self destructive-behavior(s) as yours, is a sure sign of being an undesirable target of financial investment. (at any level)

Why didn't you tell me earlier? Our IPO launches in just a few days and the board room is already filling up with overseas investors. Any chance you are available for a last minute investment pitch because I think its pretty common knowledge that without the influx of outside capital I will have to ration Marp down an additional meal.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Regarding the kin list being "oh so sacred" and you HS being "oh so secret"...

The only 2 negative effects that I can think of, were:
1. people could port new chars (using their one time port) to your claim, that is, IF and ONLY IF you had a claim, having only a leanto meant no one could port to you, ever
2. people see when you are online, if and only if you are logged in on that one char

Has there been any reason, like, ever, that would have suggested to not kin everyone and have a public HS on a char meant for trading and/or social interaction?!
Mind that a trader still needs investment in terms of skills (hoarder) and humors (YB, at the very least) to be useful for that part, so that is no "throwaway alt",
neither is a char for social interaction, not in terms of skills/humors but in effort and time invested into your your kin list.

Also I'd still like some clarification by JC if "on the kin list" means memorized or actively kinned. :)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:52 pm

Taipion wrote:Also I'd still like some clarification by JC if "on the kin list" means memorized or actively kinned. :)

but memorize is easy :D
no need directly memorize
you can easy memorize other player or other pclaim, or leanto outside pclaim
// i dont know how or is possible memorize leanto on pclaim :P
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements