Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:03 am

JohnCarver wrote: However, I like the idea that traders can be more reachable through the HS mechanic on the forums so I am a bit conflicted here.

As it stands though. Witch Hunters do indeed just wish to have the DESCRIBE of a witch. I.E. A witch will in all cases want to avoid being memorized AND suspected of WitchCraft. False Accusations of course carry a decent penalty to the accuser, and all who join in on the mob. As for Witches cursing pilgrims through the Kin List. This is partly due to the ease of 'targeting' players remotely, but I still think its reasonable that the Witch has something of yours in order to do so. Is that something as simple as a piece of clothing you touched? Or perhaps you vomited in town and they secretly scooped it up and brought it home. Either way, I still think its reasonable that players had more than a simple HS that lead them to their ill-interactions with Witches.

How will you migrate around people describing others to alts and using worthless alts to do the accusing thus avoiding all penalty except the 10 mins to do the tutorial/1 min to inherit? Other then people using alts, I do think what you've described would be more reasonable then simply cursing a player through being kinned, as witch folklore through out history has required a memento of the victim.
Adelewhy

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 am

man. of all the things for me to be annoyed about patch to patch i am pretty sure the new run animation that is reminiscent of a berkely **** with 25 pounds of **** in his pants is the worst thing i have had to endure in all the time ive played this game.

what the hell is this ****, or the meth cricket for that matter.
Darwoth

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am

Adelewhy wrote:
JohnCarver wrote: However, I like the idea that traders can be more reachable through the HS mechanic on the forums so I am a bit conflicted here.

As it stands though. Witch Hunters do indeed just wish to have the DESCRIBE of a witch. I.E. A witch will in all cases want to avoid being memorized AND suspected of WitchCraft. False Accusations of course carry a decent penalty to the accuser, and all who join in on the mob. As for Witches cursing pilgrims through the Kin List. This is partly due to the ease of 'targeting' players remotely, but I still think its reasonable that the Witch has something of yours in order to do so. Is that something as simple as a piece of clothing you touched? Or perhaps you vomited in town and they secretly scooped it up and brought it home. Either way, I still think its reasonable that players had more than a simple HS that lead them to their ill-interactions with Witches.

How will you migrate around people describing others to alts and using worthless alts to do the accusing thus avoiding all penalty except the 10 mins to do the tutorial/1 min to inherit? Other then people using alts, I do think what you've described would be more reasonable then simply cursing a player through being kinned, as witch folklore through out history has required a memento of the victim.

Hopefully accusing takes a certain skill or scalp score, so that this can be avoided.
Tulgarath

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:42 am

Tulgarath wrote:
Hopefully accusing takes a certain skill or scalp score, so that this can be avoided.

Yes alts are why we cannot have anything nice. But I have become more and more ok with just gating things behind scalp scores, so that is certainly one solution being looked at.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Qiresea » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 am

a witch hunter should probably have a high Faith and Wisdom
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:56 am

dark plague mask works the same as doctor mask i guess?
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 am

Nikixos wrote:dark plague mask works the same as doctor mask i guess?

Yes it does.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:53 am

The new running animation does indeed look like a babbling idiot lolligagging and hopscotching through the lands.

If this is a hint at all the lolligagging idiocy and carebears on the server then I guess Marp knew what he was doing when he made it? :roll: :lol:
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Lusewing » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:57 am

Marp didn't make the run animation:

MarpTarpton - Today at 4:03 AM
It was a commissioned redo for walk

MarpTarpton - Today at 4:04 AM
When we saw it in action as walk we dismissed it completely. Only now that we are trying dynamic movement did we remember
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 am

I find it fun and threatening, perfect animation to see when you have 5 guys ganking after you
Image Image
Nikixos

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements