Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm

Ronch wrote:Fine, that will indeed solve the chat concern, albeit at the price of your charming and still currently fun to play game's success.
...I offered my feed back and you revealed your narcosis.

Have a nice day, and good luck with the path you've chosen.

It's time to embrace the path Ronch has lead us down. Let Falcons bring us to a lovely more elegant time of Letters and meaningful correspondence. The thrill of opening parchment that has traveled thousands of tiles just to proclaim the meaningful phrase

***** lol indeed

ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Dallane wrote:Since we are on the subject of chats shouldn't you also remove party and town chat aswell? If you can't talk in PMs with your mind how in the world would you in a party? How the ***** would you magically know where people are located? I've personally never had a arrow pointing to where a person is located....has anyone else? Townchat? ha thats for facebook and fake news. It would be impossible to communicate with another person across your town with the hustle and bustle of every day work going on. Remove it all and let public chat reign supreme.

Agreed, and according to JC's reasoning; why shouldn't the homestead pointer, and the party member pointers (and party chat) be removed as features in the game as well ?

JC's reasoning (and everyone of his excuses) for this terrible idea of linking curses to the kin-list, are totally full of holes, period.
Last edited by Ronch on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:24 pm

Qiresea wrote:or we could remove area chat as well and use only emotes to communicate? we would need one or two new emotes added, but nothing too complicated

We aren't cavemen. We are pilgrims that speak english. Removing ingame public chat is silly.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:27 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:
We aren't cavemen. We are pilgrims that speak english. Removing ingame public chat is silly.

But players can be born deaf, and players can be born mute.

So a 1:100 chance that when you hit 100 to all biles your character cannot hear or speak seems like a reasonable way to simulate disabilities while having the nice work-around that players won't spam alts until they get a non-deaf non-mute one.

And on that topic, perhaps a 1:1000 for blindness where you can still hear sounds, but your screen always is in a 'loading' state, and you need to listen to the clapping of your friends to navigate your base.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:30 pm

User warned for trolling Announcements
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Don't forget to remove the minimap from pilgrims too. Players having such insight with their 3rd eye should be a witch-only feature.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:31 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
And on that topic, perhaps a 1:1000 for blindness where you can still hear sounds, but your screen always is in a 'loading' state, and you need to listen to the clapping of your friends to navigate your base.

LOL
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:32 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Don't forget to remove the minimap from pilgrims too. Players having such insight with their 3rd eye should be a witch-only feature.

+1
Ronch

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:32 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Don't forget to remove the minimap from pilgrims too. Players having such insight with their 3rd eye should be a witch-only feature.

Mini-Maps should be unlocked through a small weather balloon you have to craft that you have to ride up and down each time you load a new tile while regulating the hot air inside it with torches.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Can we also get a fog of war simulation going on at the edges of our screens(not the screen but as a 3d environmental thing attached to that individual character so its not just a drop off the edge of the screens tile loading distance.
MaxPlanck
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements