Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.4 Witch way? This Way!

Postby rodneymillerpca » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:54 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Bot Tracking
I've written new traffic Messages for more automated tracking as requested by Marp. Please take this as a reminder that I will now receive more server messages than normal regarding highly repetitive actions. I will as such, be utilizing "Salem Man" more often. If he shows up, and witnesses botting, he will become very angry and start torching bases. So take this as yet another warning that automating complex salem tasks is not acceptable.

A fast two questions to clarify. This is referring to those who actually cheat with bots to do their bidding, and not actually live players doing repetitive actions correct?
It there a way you will attempt to verify it's a bot and not actually a settler doing a repetitive action?
I often do repetitive things for example if I want a rabbit steak I don't just find a single meal. If I need a log I take a few trees. I need a stone I disintegrate a boulder.
Youth are our best investment. Invest in them wisely to yield the best return.
rodneymillerpca

Postby Reviresco » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:56 am

rodneymillerpca wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Bot Tracking
I've written new traffic Messages for more automated tracking as requested by Marp. Please take this as a reminder that I will now receive more server messages than normal regarding highly repetitive actions. I will as such, be utilizing "Salem Man" more often. If he shows up, and witnesses botting, he will become very angry and start torching bases. So take this as yet another warning that automating complex salem tasks is not acceptable.

A fast two questions to clarify. This is referring to those who actually cheat with bots to do their bidding, and not actually live players doing repetitive actions correct?
It there a way you will attempt to verify it's a bot and not actually a settler doing a repetitive action?
I often do repetitive things for example if I want a rabbit steak I don't just find a single meal. If I need a log I take a few trees. I need a stone I disintegrate a boulder.

JC--err, I mean, Salem Man, teleports to their location and interacts with them.
Reviresco

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:20 am

Reviresco wrote:
rodneymillerpca wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Bot Tracking

JC--err, I mean, Salem Man, teleports to their location and interacts with them.

"interacts" well i guess for there last time ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:21 am

JohnCarver wrote: Players will be able to start witch hunts, and by virtue of just being on a kin list a witch may curse you, and you may accuse them.

Well that certainly makes being a trader more of a nuisance :/
Adelewhy

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:25 am

Adelewhy wrote:
JohnCarver wrote: Players will be able to start witch hunts, and by virtue of just being on a kin list a witch may curse you, and you may accuse them.

true, i lovee having 500people on kin list this will be horrible now... unless we remove madness or have a madness preventing object so u can have a char that serves as trader with 5biles logged on all the time.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:27 am

Don't trade with Witches :).
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:28 am

JohnCarver wrote:Don't trade with Witches :).

but they can add u by your Homestead Secret and curse you secretly from far away in there base?!?
Heffernan

Postby Justme5 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 am

Heffernan wrote:
Adelewhy wrote:

true, i lovee having 500people on kin list this will be horrible now... unless we remove madness or have a madness preventing object so u can have a char that serves as trader with 5biles logged on all the time.

Well... does that include people memorized? Or just people who were officially kinned? If you delete them now... will that remove their ability to curse you? Or are traders going to be ***** and having to add constantly being paranoid about being cursed to over the million other "tasks" you have to do in Salem? I mean granted.. I get being worried if you go to town and stand around afk and such. But does this sort of open the opportunity for witches to curse safely from within the confides of their own base?
Justme5
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 am

whoever the retard is that made the new limpwristed run animation and the cricket animation should be thrown out of a helicopter.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:39 am

new run animation NEEDS to be this

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements