Concord Update-Statue Marble

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:57 am

RobertoKarlos wrote:Kuku boobs are the most powerful ones since Brona quit? But on topic, im surprised you didnt get banned Darwoth, other players had gotten permabanned for much less, i guess devs are showing you a lot of face and still care about your opinions, just try to talk this kind of stuff in pms there is a little point in showing this kind of dev interventions.-



Darwoth has taken it to PM's. Continues to do so. Aspects of his concerns are valid, aspects are not. And the simple reason I have not ***** the thread or banned him should be proof enough that he is not 'trolling' as others do in my announcements based on lies or inaccuracies.

Situations like this are why I do my best to not like any of you, as well as why I try to avoid nice things at all costs. Santa JC would be torching your houses from a sleigh while spawning darkenbears every 10 tiles I travel.

Indy game, with many variables, personalities, and circumstances. Simple as that. My weekend development is already derailed enough, but I welcome anything that puts a magnifying glass on inadequacies we do in any level of development of community interaction.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
User avatar
JohnCarver
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6826
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 am

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:03 am

Where is Ronch when you need him
It's ok JC is the best thing to ever happen to this game
Salem has only moved in a positive direction in the last 3 years
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby strpk0 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:08 am

Darwoth wrote:
strpk0 wrote:there was foul play involved then I can understand the concern people would have with stuff like this.



sir, you do not understand the situation as this single sentence would have been the sum total of your reply if you did.


It's easy to say stuff like that, though. I won't begin to pretend I have anything remotely close to 1/100th of an ounce of understanding about exactly what happened here, all I can do is judge from what I see. And what I see is a player using the developer's actions to boost their own points of view and arguments. I don't think the developers can be given any good incentive to **** on all the time, money and effort they have put into developing the game in exchange for anything.
I'm sure there's a line to be drawn somewhere as to how much is "too much" when it comes to "nice things" being given out. But the problem with stirring **** up at any level and not playing nice is that this is what it results in, and absolutely nothing else:

JohnCarver wrote:Situations like this are why I do my best to not like any of you, as well as why I try to avoid nice things at all costs.
strpk0
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:05 am

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby lachlaan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:10 am

I would jokingly suggest that maybe the old gods left backdoors in to tinker with stuff, but if that were the case then the terraforming done would have been in the form of penis-biomes everywhere. Granted if that were the case it still wouldn't be clear if it was Jorb or Marp that did it :\
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:13 am

strpk0 wrote:what I see is a player using the developer's actions to boost their own points of view and arguments.


get glasses then
Last edited by Darwoth on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Darwoth
 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:11 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby Reviresco » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:15 am

strpk0 wrote:
Darwoth wrote:
strpk0 wrote:there was foul play involved then I can understand the concern people would have with stuff like this.



sir, you do not understand the situation as this single sentence would have been the sum total of your reply if you did.


It's easy to say stuff like that, though. I won't begin to pretend I have anything remotely close to 1/100th of an ounce of understanding about exactly what happened here, all I can do is judge from what I see. And what I see is a player using the developer's actions to boost their own points of view and arguments. I don't think the developers can be given any good incentive to **** on all the time, money and effort they have put into developing the game in exchange for anything.
I'm sure there's a line to be drawn somewhere as to how much is "too much" when it comes to "nice things" being given out. But the problem with stirring **** up at any level and not playing nice is that this is what it results in, and absolutely nothing else:

JohnCarver wrote:Situations like this are why I do my best to not like any of you, as well as why I try to avoid nice things at all costs.


Read Heff's post. He pretty much summed up the problem.
User avatar
Reviresco
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby Ronch » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:49 am

Rifmaster wrote:Where is Ronch when you need him

I'm here precious. 8-)
Its just that I try to not get involved in situations or conversations that I am not educated enough in yet. (unless I have a question, or am summoned)

BTW since you summoned me...
I'll say it again: This game is freaking awesome, Carver is a creative-genius, and the player community here is amazing, period.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby Nikixos » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:56 am

I don't think marp placed the statues with "CAN'T BUILD AROUND IT 16 TILES" criteria, keep marble but allow people to build in it this expedition only, this change messes up badly with competition and obviously favours factions that claimed more open statues.
Image Image
Follow me on Youtube and Twitch!
User avatar
Nikixos
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Mexico

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby Ronch » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:42 am

Ronch wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:Where is Ronch when you need him

I'm here precious. 8-)
Its just that I try to not get involved in situations or conversations that I am not educated enough in yet. (unless I have a question, or am summoned)

BTW since you summoned me...
I'll say it again: This game is freaking awesome, Carver is a creative-genius, and the player community here is amazing, period.


While I'm here though *cough*
I do have one peanut-gallery comment coming from my observations of a few post on this thread so far:
As much and as frequently as this game's development team does share information with the community about the game's development path and or their immediate plans.
...It is just a small peek, we as players do not see the big picture as related to how new features introduced into the game will either be a dependency of, or a support to other planned features or mechanics in the game's future updates.
Meaning, we as players are in the dark for the most part concerning how new features in the game will set up or support longer-term plans for other features or mechanics introduced into the game later on.
...And, it is much more productive to vent frustrations over current updates by posting questions, rather than to post to try and confirm assumptions or accusations.

One last comment:
Whether you personally like Darwoth or not, or whether you enjoy playing with him and his wife inside of the game, he is an asset to this game's development, and is also an asset to its player community in his own unique way by actually demonstrating attempts to at least be social toward that community here.
He is an asset, as is any other player who sticks around and at least tries to offer feed back about their experiences in the game to the developers via these forums.
...We all have angry moments in life, so give the guy some space.
.........(Or I'll be all over you like a spider monkey !) :P
Last edited by Ronch on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby saffgee » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 am

We should all probably rage quit - but to be honest, I've always assumed that all of you vets are chummy and pally enough with the devs to get one on one information whenever you need it. Need I say "special forum areas" and "discussion" groups and all that jazz. The titans have always ruled with booster packs strapped to their backs (some more than others though), nothing has changed in that regard and the godly love has always been spread fairly evenly.
None of that particularly bothered me historically though tbh, so neither does this really, as I simply don't have enough time (or talent) to commit to being one myself - and thus I keep out of their way and play with myself (I do really enjoy that...).
However, if JC didn't know about this - that's extremely worrying....sort of like Odin not knowing what Loki is up to (or capable of).
saffgee
Customer
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests