Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Postby VanDaka » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 pm

The recent patch seems to have cast a heavy curse on my pilgrim making him see everything in slow motion as soon as he leaves the house.
Overall fps in outdoor areas reduced from 60 to 5. I assume it's probably related to the draw distance changes.
VanDaka

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:*BUGFIX: The Long-standing bug of brazier/torchposts 1-shotting players has finally been found and fixed. This should no longer be a thing.

so after this years, care to explain what it was? :P

also more masonic lodges pls :(
Heffernan

Postby Aduah » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Greetings Salemites,

*There should no longer be a chance to gain 2 madness levels when LEAVING a blood moon season.

This is great. Its too bad In one fell swoop My character is half crazy. 4 Madness levels in one day is pretty devastating. Anyone with a stall have any teddybears to sell? lol
Aduah

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Aduah wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Greetings Salemites,

*There should no longer be a chance to gain 2 madness levels when LEAVING a blood moon season.

This is great. Its too bad In one fell swoop My character is half crazy. 4 Madness levels in one day is pretty devastating. Anyone with a stall have any teddybears to sell? lol

add me

HS: toll

and ill get ya one for free.
Heffernan

Postby Kandarim » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:08 pm

for the record, don't trust anyone giving you teddybears - they can be cursed to give you nightmares. Only ever accept or buy the components, unless you really trust who you're getting it from.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby grimkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 pm

also, regarding teddy bears, i recommend you make a new small char, and let him sleep with teddy for 2 days. if he does not get madnes bc of a potential curse, than the teddy is safe, and your main won't die from using it.
update1: and if you have a base, and want to be safe, i suggest making a smal remote base, where to keep stuff that you cann't transform for 10 days to clean the potential scent it may have. (not saying that heff would do such a thing, but i am paranoic enough to quarantine any **** i buy that has to work like that:D) :lol:
grimkid

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:57 pm

gustavohvg wrote:There is an issue with the grapes on the fences - some potato PC's will struggle to handle them, causing extreme FPS lag (

This is very surprising to me. So far as vertex count is concerned, they aren't even comparable to trees. Does it happen when there are grapes on the vine or also the vine without grapes?

Taipion wrote:How about players developing a resistance to stings (getting stung less and/or for less damage) based on how many stings they received (and evaded) in the last 2 weeks or so?

Please shush :) If you convince him to add biological resistances, he will be honor-bound to return to his original idea of 2% of all characters being allergic to bees based solely on RNG at the time of creation which will be a short-lived and incurable reaction upon getting stung that will result in death. There is a hat in the works to help prevent damage associated with handling bees.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby grimkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:59 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:
gustavohvg wrote:There is an issue with the grapes on the fences - some potato PC's will struggle to handle them, causing extreme FPS lag (

This is very surprising to me. So far as vertex count is concerned, they aren't even comparable to trees. Does it happen when there are grapes on the vine or also the vine without grapes?

Taipion wrote:How about players developing a resistance to stings (getting stung less and/or for less damage) based on how many stings they received (and evaded) in the last 2 weeks or so?

Please shush :) If you convince him to add biological resistances, he will be honor-bound to return to his original idea of 2% of all characters being allergic to bees based solely on RNG at the time of creation which will be a short-lived and incurable reaction upon getting stung that will result in death. There is a hat in the works to help prevent damage associated with handling bees.

^this
this is why i love this game :lol:
grimkid

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:There is a hat in the works to help prevent damage associated with handling bees.

..........Yay !
:D *Happy dance* :D ...My noob-alt base-slaves will be able to tend bees again !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby gorniksam » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm

10/10 for bone furniture :o
gorniksam

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements