Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 am

Thank you Dev team !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 am

Wander is not suppose to use the forage animation. Will fix in next restart. Shouldn't be game-breaking but probably looks silly. I forgot to revert that when we were testing animations at different speeds.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:23 am

JohnCarver wrote:Wander is not suppose to use the forage animation. Will fix in next restart. Shouldn't be game-breaking but probably looks silly. I forgot to revert that when we were testing animations at different speeds.

omg this is LITERALLY worse than the footprints REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby gustavohvg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:32 am

There is an issue with the grapes on the fences - some potato PC's will struggle to handle them, causing extreme FPS lag (like one of my potato laptops). This is the only object in-game that gives my pc this kind of fps lag

This was ok since I could build grapes out of town but near me, but now with the object rendering change it gets worse =|

Please look into this
Last edited by gustavohvg on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:34 am

I didn't think that grapes were abnormally heavy on drawing but we will look into it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Lusewing » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:27 am

So many fun things. I love the way the bone furniture turned out, it was great watching it all being made and put together.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Procne » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:24 am

JohnCarver wrote:*Forage now drains less yellow bile.

Draws less yellow bile per distance or only per time?
Procne

Postby grimkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

May the Gods of Salem bless their honorably priests called "Salem Devs"! :mrgreen:
Love this patch.
grimkid

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:*In anticipation for a more-mounted world we have increased the radius in which objects are drawn. Players will notice a fairly significant increase to the distance in which they can view things. This is the maximum we are prepared to push the limits without also changing the distance in which terrain is drawn. Feedback on this would be appreciated. The general idea is that traveling at larger speeds felt cumbersome given how quickly you could travel vs. the speed in which you could see objects in the distance. We will monitor the server strain. Its also worth noting that clients loading a heavy number of objects may be more stressed as the number of visible objects is also going to place strain there. If clients or the server decide this is too much we will have to revert this change.

[...]

Bugfixes & Small Changes
*BUGFIX: The Long-standing bug of brazier/torchposts 1-shotting players has finally been found and fixed. This should no longer be a thing.
[...]
*There should no longer be a chance to gain 2 madness levels when LEAVING a blood moon season.
[...]
*Bees now have a chance to sting when investigating the skep and your player will say "Ouch" if he is stung in the process.
*The Mason Lodge now allows access to its benefits every 23 hours instead of every 24.

The draw-radius is a nice thing sure, but may really be bad for players in bigger towns, especially with a lot of objects there or bad/old PCs.
How about an option client sided to set the render distance either by value or in 4-5 steps?
This could go as far as also doing this server sided to save on that side, too.
(Save distance per character, implement new message for client telling the server, new option in options menu, how much work would that be?)

Such nice fixes. :-)

How about players developing a resistance to stings (getting stung less and/or for less damage) based on how many stings they received (and evaded) in the last 2 weeks or so?

[edit:]
How about some bone-furnitures requiring certain scalp scores?
Last edited by Taipion on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am

The wander animation issue makes me feel like i'm playing oregon trail instead :D Otherwise very nice patch.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements