Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:57 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
maxsprite wrote:John, could you add the timer from the last moment when you've changed the craving food, please.

What do you mean by this?

He probably means a visible timer for things in the mason lodge
Rifmaster

Postby Zapt13 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:58 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
maxsprite wrote:John, could you add the timer from the last moment when you've changed the craving food, please.

What do you mean by this?

I suspect the request is to make the Mason cook report how long you must wait until you can change your craving. Much like the Trade Order man says "Check back in 5 hours" or whatever the case is.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Kushtrim » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 pm

The bone chair looks really epic,but the issue is that when i go out of my house then i experince a dramatic drop on fps and that is really frustrating :cry: .
Kushtrim

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 pm

I see. Well given the central theme of 'visiting' the mason lodge each day regardless. I'm inclined to leave the burden of knowing if it has been a full day or not on the players if for no other reason than to force y'all to get into some kind of ritual with it.

Kushtrim wrote:The bone chair looks really epic,but the issue is that when i go out of my house then i experince a dramatic drop on fps and that is really frustrating :cry: .

There has been enough feedback that I am seriously considering making draw distances a dynamic thing you can control in the client. I, for one, quite enjoy the larger view distances, but do not want this luxury for others to come at a cost for some.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm

can we be able to chose 1-2k draw distance for the map and objects? for ppl with Godlike computers
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 pm

If I make it dynamic I will probably up it another 25% from its current state as a 'max' with the lowest being 75% of the draw distance it was originally.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Forungi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:22 pm

JohnCarver wrote:If I make it dynamic I will probably up it another 25% from its current state as a 'max' with the lowest being 75% of the draw distance it was originally.

This is a great idea.
Forungi

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 pm

JohnCarver wrote:If I make it dynamic I will probably up it another 25% from its current state as a 'max' with the lowest being 75% of the draw distance it was originally.

Thats amazing!
Though i lag like hell in Westpine, hunting is more than enjoyable now!
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:25 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:

Thats amazing!
Though i lag like hell in Westpine, hunting is more than enjoyable now!

blame Max for making the biggest town of Salem :P
Heffernan

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Yeah hunting is so good with the larger draw distance (you are much more likely to find animals without missing them because you couldn't load the map as far is it does now)

A slider to effect the draw distance should deffly be considered in the options though if you do decide to increase the distance again.
MaxPlanck
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements