Patch 2.2.0 Saleming Along

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.0 Saleming Along

Postby Taipion » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Gustyboy wrote:Got a Roasted Cougar meat craving in the 40s range humors. Dunno if it's logical because Cougar seems too dangerous for 40s humors right ?

Hmmm that's an interesting question. What would players feel is the appropriate bile range for Cougar hunting?

As far as i remember they can charge you during your bullrun and override your stun, in turn stunning you for a super long time.
Despite having less than half as much health as a bear, they are, atleast for me, trickier to hunt than a bear. You can also just sit behind a tree and stomp it, and kill it that way with 60 biles and a sword, but in open combat when it charges a lot and permastuns you, I'd say 100+
This could be wrong as I've found like maybe 10 cougars so far while playing salem, and have never tested if it's possible to jump out of the way of the charge stun, though I remember it's lightning fast.
So in conclusion, imo probably only a bit below bear meat cravings, but this is based on quite limited amounts of hunting.

That is about correct, you "can" stomp them with a tree in between the two of you, even at below 100 humors, but one mistake and you're toast.
I would put them in difficulty (humors + skill needed) roughly on par with bears though.

On a side note, at least in my personal experience, there seem to spawn much more cougars during a BM. ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Re: Patch 2.2.0 Saleming Along

Postby grimkid » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:46 pm

do not go hunting in Blood Moon. You will permadie
grimkid

Previous

Return to Announcements