Patch 2.2.0 Saleming Along

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.0 Saleming Along

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Teoki wrote:Why did you *silently* lower the stall prices?

It's a too important and very limited resource to do that..

It was server-announced.

Rifmaster wrote:I gotta say, the footprints were a pretty terrible idea, but we all know JC is too proud of whatever **** he puts in the game to remove anything. For once atleast, darwoth is right.

Any reason why you don't like them?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Teoki » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Teoki wrote:Why did you *silently* lower the stall prices?

It's a too important and very limited resource to do that..

It was server-announced.

So instead of announce it on the forums where everyone get an equal change to read it, you gave an unfair advantage to online player only. Why?
Teoki

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Teoki wrote:
So instead of announce it on the forums where everyone get an equal change to read it, you gave an unfair advantage to online player only. Why?

So I could watch your tears.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed you are trolling me. There are still 12 of the reduce-priced stalls available.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Teoki » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Teoki wrote:

So I could watch your tears.

What a childish answer...

EDIT: I wasn't trolling you.. I just pointed out how unprofessional was to lower from 6k to 1k without writing it here
Teoki

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Any reason why you don't like them?

Turning off tracking only when you are in town isn't the best solution thats just another thing we will have to do now until someone makes a "plugin" to work around it. Town looks incredibly horrible atm and secret places aren't really secret.

No abilty to remove the tracks or skills to see if you won't leave a track. This is my main complaint with them.

Water doesn't hide your tracks. No idea if they will appear on a horse or boat.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Dallane wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Any reason why you don't like them?

Turning off tracking only when you are in town isn't the best solution thats just another thing we will have to do now until someone makes a "plugin" to work around it. Town looks incredibly horrible atm and secret places aren't really secret.

No abilty to remove the tracks or skills to see if you won't leave a track. This is my main complaint with them.

Water doesn't hide your tracks. No idea if they will appear on a horse or boat.

+1
Tulgarath

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Could be nice to have some silly mechanics to control these tracks. Forage akin to sneaking, less frequent tracks. The faster you go the more you leave etc. Also wtb new tool in the form of a mop. Craft soapy water with soap bars and buckets and have that drain as you walk and wash behind yourself not leaving tracks xD
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 pm

Dallane wrote:Turning off tracking only when you are in town isn't the best solution thats just another thing we will have to do now until someone makes a "plugin" to work around it. Town looks incredibly horrible atm and secret places aren't really secret.

I on the other hand prefer there is an incentive to turn off tracking, then this way you may forget to turn it back on. I guess plug-ins will destroy the dream but "I hate the way this looks and don't want to click a single button to fix it" probably won't get anywhere for me. If it bothers players enough they will toggle it. Otherwise they won't.

Dallane wrote:No abilty to remove the tracks or skills to see if you won't leave a track. This is my main complaint with them.

This is the logical next step with these and they were implemented in a flexible way so that if something strikes my fancy we can indeed go that direction. But how would that look. Prof check from viewer against prof check from leaver? Additional skills you can learn to make tracks more or less visible? New ability you can press to 'cover your tracks' which will wipe yours from a map screen? I've had a handful of ideas but none I was quite settled on to implement. I wanted to just throw it out there and see how it plays out in practice.
Dallane wrote:Water doesn't hide your tracks. No idea if they will appear on a horse or boat.

Water will hide them in the next patch. That was a minor issue that was working on the test server then ceased to.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote: And you're not going to have anything worth stealing if you don't even have dry boards and a stone wall yet.

Right, let me get right on not having anything worth stealing in the first FIVE days of an expedition. I can see you don't play much.

I was mostly referring to Providence where new players encounter much older players. In the case of the expedition, if you're experienced enough to play the expedition at the levels you're implying, you're experienced enough to defend yourself, or you should be.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:59 pm

lachlaan wrote:Could be nice to have some silly mechanics to control these tracks. Forage akin to sneaking, less frequent tracks. The faster you go the more you leave etc. Also wtb new tool in the form of a mop. Craft soapy water with soap bars and buckets and have that drain as you walk and wash behind yourself not leaving tracks xD

LOL. A mop that cleans up all the tracks in an area that are on pavement seems entirely reasonable to me. I'm not sure how practical it is going to be, but I love the idea that somebody who really hates this mechanic can 'mop up' town.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements