Salem 2018 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem 2018 Roadmap

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:19 am

svablas wrote:So sad see this game almost dead... I thought about coming back with my buddies to play...

game isn't really dead. there is a healthy population for all types of play.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby joshnpk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Dallane wrote:
svablas wrote:So sad see this game almost dead... I thought about coming back with my buddies to play...

game isn't really dead. there is a healthy population for all types of play.

It's definitely not as populated as it once was but there is most certainly a player base still here.
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby GigiBecali » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 am

beans when
HS: conopida
Spleen on discord and Salem
GigiBecali

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:57 pm

GigiBecali wrote:beans when

Then, when release The Salem 2
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby nico54k9 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:26 am

Pretty sure I know the answer for this... but was there any info on where the devs went or what's happening with the game? Just wondering if it's even worth coming back to play.
nico54k9

Postby DarkNacht » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Real life caught up to them, nothing, and it is if you want to play the game in its current state.
DarkNacht

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:34 am

nico54k9 wrote:Pretty sure I know the answer for this... but was there any info on where the devs went or what's happening with the game? Just wondering if it's even worth coming back to play.

Game is still playable and there is a decent population considering the lack of love from JC. JC has been focusing on family and his career but from conversations with different people he has still been working on different things. We hope to see his return at some point with some major updates. Marp is still around and Meow stepped down for several reasons. You should hop into discord and talk with community. The game is still the amazing game you played before and depending on when you last played there could be some new things to experience.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:20 pm

PaTcH wHeN?????
ZoddAlmighty

Postby ZtyX » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 am

Dallane wrote:
nico54k9 wrote:Pretty sure I know the answer for this... but was there any info on where the devs went or what's happening with the game? Just wondering if it's even worth coming back to play.

Game is still playable and there is a decent population considering the lack of love from JC. JC has been focusing on family and his career but from conversations with different people he has still been working on different things. We hope to see his return at some point with some major updates. Marp is still around and Meow stepped down for several reasons. You should hop into discord and talk with community. The game is still the amazing game you played before and depending on when you last played there could be some new things to experience.

He needs to dedicate himself more to the development of the game instead of "family & career". Fact of the matter is that he is probably working a full time job and he can't be bothered working on the game because he's tired in the evening & "needs to spend time with his family".
The result is hundreds of disappointed players who keep checking here, but nothing happens.Year after year.

How about you sell the game then? Or how about you change your work situation to stop being full time?
This community is already providing him with a good amount of money from the store. But instead of working for that, he's just milking it while working to get EVEN MORE money from his "career" on the side. That's called greed.

I came here to check where the game is at and I find nothing from 2019. Despite the fact that we're in mid august. Now what the hell is that?
We Have MOST Fun on Jamestown!
ZtyX

Postby Judaism » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 am

ZtyX wrote:
I came here to check where the game is at and I find nothing from 2019. Despite the fact that we're in mid august. Now what the hell is that?

Well Jorb and Loftar already gave the game a 2nd go, back in 2014 when they sold it to Mortal Moments. As much I'd like to see someone else take it over, assuming JC would be even willing to do the same. Who in the heck of the current player-base or third parties would be interested, or would seriously put in the effort required. To put it blankly, even with good marketing and an active development this game is unlikely ever going to be as popular ever again. It'd be increasingly difficult to attract new players to some old java game from a decade ago, nor will you be able to get many veteran players back into it.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements