Salem 2018 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem 2018 Roadmap

Postby Duke3d » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:26 am

The idea is that Paradoxes should be convinced of the need for his return.

I heard that he is an employee of paradoxes and is simply working on other projects.
Duke3d

Postby Astarotte » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:49 pm

It has nothing with paradox. JC is a player that bought game from original devs - jorb and loftar.
Astarotte

Postby Ronch » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:21 pm

The last few update plans that JC shared with us before his unexplained absence, to me anyway looks like some very major changes to many if not all aspects of Salem's game play.
<--- A large time consuming project.

What I mean is; if he wasn't abducted by aliens, or still waiting for the Game's store revenue to match his amount of bail to be posted for his release.
Then I suspect he is and has been spending a good amount of his time on a test server working out the intricacies of the mass amount of changes involved to implement those last few update plans that he shared with us.
...Those last update plans shared with us would be a lot to handle (and time consuming) for just one Developer to do on his own, and as far as I know, JC is still Salem's only coding Developer.
And, if my suspicion is true, then I also suspect that there are more than a few vet players currently on that test server test-playing those planned update's changes too.

Either that or he has already sold the game to an as of yet still anonymous player. :o

Me personally, I'm just as disappointed as any of the rest of you at the lack of communication from JC over the past two years, but I do not feel or think that JC owes me anything ie: communication.
And, I am boastfully-grateful to just be able to still play his game for free.

I not only just enjoy playing this game, I love this fricken game. (no other game can compare IMO)
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Nephilim » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:27 pm

I agree there is no other game like that. It would be nice just to have small word from JC that he didn;t abandon us and more things are to come. Even we have around 200+ steady players, that is quite nice compared to the indie aspect and niche of the game.
Nephilim

Postby bmjclark » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:59 am

Nephilim wrote:I agree there is no other game like that. It would be nice just to have small word from JC that he didn;t abandon us and more things are to come. Even we have around 200+ steady players, that is quite nice compared to the indie aspect and niche of the game.

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/
bmjclark

Postby Nephilim » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:21 am

bmjclark wrote:
Nephilim wrote:I agree there is no other game like that. It would be nice just to have small word from JC that he didn;t abandon us and more things are to come. Even we have around 200+ steady players, that is quite nice compared to the indie aspect and niche of the game.

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

I should add without world wipes ¦] Not a fan of starting over every year. But other than that h&h is great. Played it since world 4.
Nephilim

Postby toddesloan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:03 am

h&h launching a new world/fresh map march 6th :D

highly recommend checking it out.
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby jacob232 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:14 pm

Taipion wrote:
Kuroberus wrote:Y'all should just play Haven and Hearth when W12 starts, seriously. Jump ship. It's for the best.

Or just go to the HnH forums and make some Salem advertisements there...?!

I mean, who would want to play a mmo that is reset every few months, that has a little hype at every reset and then drops to Salem player numbers?

You are aware that Jorb and Loftar (creators of haven and hearth) were contracted to help with the creation of this game right? sure world resets are a pain and normally the playerbase is pretty close to the same.......but Haven players DID get salem advertisements when the game first started, and guess what haven 2.0 is still being constantly updated. that 2018 roadmap bro.

Slight tangent.....has salem made oceans yet?
jacob232

Postby Champie » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:23 pm

jacob232 wrote:You are aware that Jorb and Loftar (creators of haven and hearth) were contracted to help with the creation of this game right?

I'm wondering what YOU know. Can you elaborate on this statement? Contracted by who and when?
Champie

Postby rodibres » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 pm

Where are you JC???? Send us a smoke signal please :D
rodibres

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements