Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:19 am

Quarterly prizes just went out on the postmaster. Next up is the Megaphones, then the Store Hat!
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Teoki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Judaism wrote:Will the current cravings be also reseted ?

The masons should be able to help you. Those who don't like their cravings at the moment should finish the IOU's or trade for the goods they seek.

Good solution in the long run in Providence but the expedition should be a competition and the cravings the main mechanic to advance humors. Those players unluckily stuck with a too advanced craving, already at a disadvantage, instead of a fix, they receive a new way of being stuck for 12 hours min and up to days to achieve 3 simple IOUs. Then a secret location... not really a solution to a competition.
Teoki

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:39 am

One could always pay to borrow anothers necklace. Or trade for the good they seek. Which craving in particular do you have an issue with? And the necklace is a single IOU. So all you have to do is finish some noobie quests to move on.

Also providence crash bug found and squashed. Pushing fix soon.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:43 am

repeated attempts to force the craving system on the players who other than newbs do not want to be "made" to use it has so far correctly resulted in most of the disasters that i thought it would.

now attempting to force the trade system necklace grind on them to fix a mistake that isnt their fault is pretty retarded.

the fact that this is yet another zerg only tool is further icing on the *****.
Darwoth

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:45 am

JohnCarver wrote:One could always pay to borrow anothers necklace. Or trade for the good they seek. Which craving in particular do you have an issue with? And the necklace is a single IOU. So all you have to do is finish some noobie quests to move on.

noobie quest doesnt give you 1 point you need to get a small order which can take a few days when you only have 1 toon
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:54 am

I'd still like to monitor the cravings etc. over the next 24-36 hours. One over-arching 'theme' being explored here and discussed is that 'humours' are not the only, nor the most important mechanic in salem for either combat, nor winning. While a humor gate, is a problem, in the event that it persist for any long period of time, I also don't find it all that upsetting that I'm given the freedom to focus my time on doing plenty of other countless things that Salem affords me in the large downtime between Humour advancement. Basic and primary point is I'm monitoring it and it would help to remind players that they could always focus on their skills, base, explorations, statues, etc. if they find that humour advancement has thrown them a curveball.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Teoki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:55 am

JohnCarver wrote:One could always pay to borrow anothers necklace. Or trade for the good they seek. Which craving in particular do you have an issue with? And the necklace is a single IOU. So all you have to do is finish some noobie quests to move on.

Cabbage.

12 hours for the first trade order and afaik they are completely random so even days.
About borrowing.. "ehi, complete stranger, trust me and give me stuff.. this is a game of selfless players only, right?"...
Trading same as borrowing and anyway the wrong cravings are a fault of the game so why punish us twice with a long mechanic?
Teoki

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:58 am

Teoki wrote:

Cabbage.

12 hours for the first trade order and afaik they are completely random so even days.
About borrowing.. "ehi, complete stranger, trust me and give me stuff.. this is a game of selfless players only, right?"...
Trading same as borrowing and anyway the wrong cravings are a fault of the game so why punish us twice with a long mechanic?

remember the Masonic lodge is NOT for new players but for elites...

it SHOULD take weeks to get in there.
Heffernan

Postby Teoki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:01 am

Heffernan wrote:
remember the Masonic lodge is NOT for new players but for elites...

it SHOULD take weeks to get in there.

even if it takes years to master is ok.. I was only talking in the context of the expedition and as alleged fix for advanced cravings.
Teoki

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:07 am

Out of curiosity what craving are you 'stuck' on and at what level?

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements