1.4.4 Pressing On

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4.4 Pressing On

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:22 am

JohnCarver wrote:It is really that much slower?

for me nope, but if can you change from 25l to 30l will be nice :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Teoki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:It is really that much slower?

25%.. 50%.. for me, yes. I was already on the threshold now I will stop the production of oiled boards and the sheds.

The really boring part is the active presence needed without a large container to hold the oil so I can't just start the job and do something else. Weaving is slow but it's a click and then afk.
Teoki

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:22 am

WHy is pressing not a click the button and afk task? You can hold a lot of seeds in seed bags and press? Or is it the phlegm drain?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:30 am

JohnCarver wrote:WHy is pressing not a click the button and afk task? You can hold a lot of seeds in seed bags and press? Or is it the phlegm drain?

I think it's the fact that an oil press only holds a small amount of oil.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:34 am

Ah, Well in that situation I would be open to increasing its oil capacity if that is really the thing holding it back?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:54 am

+1, i think 100l is enough since that's what a barrel can hold, just bucket it all into a barrel pour your oil into the oiling boards and off you go.
no really, i see no real problem with the oiling press as it is, you only have to use it every few days or once per week, it's not horrible.
Teoki is just the stupid kind of noob that likes to complain about the game being "too haaaarsssh"
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Teoki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:05 am

It's the sum of things: it takes 67 seconds for 25 liters. To mass produce oiled boards, It takes too much time if I go afk or alt-tab every time and it's really too boring if I wait staring at the screen. If the oil went in the inventory, I would keep 50 buckets and even with the press so slow it wouldn't be a problem. I don't know how it would be with 100 liters but right now with only 25 and slowed down for me is not acceptable.
Teoki

Postby Teoki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:10 am

Nikixos wrote:Teoki is just the stupid kind of noob that likes to complain about the game being "too haaaarsssh"

Go back in time and play Ultima Online when launched if you thing this is the only harsh game.
Strange definition of harsh.. it's not the end of the world, it's just a little feedback about the oil press: too boring to wait in my opinion.
Teoki

Postby Taipion » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Ah, Well in that situation I would be open to increasing its oil capacity if that is really the thing holding it back?

That definitely is the point here,
giving it a significant capacity like the windmill would change it completely.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Once mounts and/or mule animals are introduced into the game, maybe we could hook them up to the mill/press in our stead, freeing us up from possibly playing afk when using the oil-press or a mill.

Just an idea, I am still fairly new to the game and have only used a mill and the press both only once, so I may not even know what I am talking about, or if it applies to the current conversation.

I am loving the game, it is awesome !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements