Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 am

JohnCarver wrote:I think i like fluctuating dirt globs. Will consider.

Fluctuating dirt globs.?.?.?.?

Do you mean rolling a random amount of extra dirt you would be able to carry after picking up the first dirt piece and not actually knowing the bonus? :lol: :lol:
Hey, better than nothing!

Tulgarath wrote:
So make it worse to force yet another outfit? What a great idea, especially for new players or expeditions when we get to drudge thru the mess that resulted from nerfs because of higher skill players.

Well if that is too harsh then the shovel ticks could stay the same as they are and have say;

Steel Shovel w/ no bonus = 4 Ticks total as it is(unchanged)

+500 Soil Digging =50% tick (3 Ticks total)
+1000 Soil Digging =100% tick (2 Ticks total)
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:52 am

More dirt-carry only further encourages afk digging and game of alts, and is not really necessary as you can transport dirt on sleds/carts which means one char can conveniently transport 15 * 8 dirt with a cart.

Digging is nothing game breaking, but something necessary, even back when it was easier to dig, it was still hard work to really shape a landscape.
But now with madness and traces... and slower speed... no, just no.

If you want to add something like archaeology, please consider making this distinct from normal digging with the intent to move soil, so that there is no reason to make it any harder than necessary.
While normal digging could still have a tiny, tiny chance to get you something archaeology related, or not.

You may want to reduce the chance of getting coins ...like, to 1/4 or less of what it is currently, it really is way too much.
I have, at least personally, also the feeling that traces could be a bit less rare than they are currently, but that might be just my bad luck.
On the other hand you may increase the chance for getting tubers again, it's not like you can just spam more than 2-3 of them in a feasting session anyways, reduce their regen value if you think they make digging to self-sustaining.

Base digging speed should be high already, not even lower than what we have now.
And digging sets should again increase the speed with the possibility of getting to 100% per tick on an absurdly perfect set, which means a "just good" set should reach 50%+ per tick.

[edit:] consider faster digging also increases the amount of traces per time digging, so that's that
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Nikixos » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:58 am

Taipion wrote:And digging sets should again increase the speed with the possibility of getting to 100% per tick on an absurdly perfect set, which means a "just good" set should reach 50%+ per tick.

100% this. Why is terraforming so hard and tedious when that's a fun and with endless possibilities mechanic in survival sandbox games
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 am

Man, you guys overcomplicate **** way to much.
Make digging speed scale with soil digging bonuses.
Make size dirt globes scale with soil digging bonus.
Make converting the same dirt into clay be faster with a set.
Ill be a happy man after
ZoddAlmighty

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 am

Nikixos wrote:
Taipion wrote:And digging sets should again increase the speed with the possibility of getting to 100% per tick on an absurdly perfect set, which means a "just good" set should reach 50%+ per tick.

100% this. Why is terraforming so hard and tedious when that's a fun and with endless possibilities mechanic in survival sandbox games

That is why I I rewrote my suggestion in turn of Tulgaraths complaint in regards to messing up newbies too much. But having a RANDOM roll on how much digging tick% you get is stupid and it should be a standstill bonus just like a feasting set. That is specifically why I stated every increment of soil digging change the tick amount by 1, but with random +X% roll on digging ticks is silly.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby mikeo83 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:19 am

when he said fluctuating dirt globs i read that as your second suggestion of fluctuating with your digging bonus not random...
mikeo83
Customer

Postby Adelewhy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:34 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Man, you guys overcomplicate **** way to much.

This... there are a million other better things that could be fixed/worked on and instead of asking for that, everyone wants to toss yet another "not problem" at him.
Adelewhy

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:53 am

Minor Update for everybody. Marp said he plans to launch the event sometime around the next Everbloom. This is the event to turn in grapejuice. It seemed like players could use the luxury of a bit more time to get their grapejuice industry set up and since the event is 'season dependent' it didn't feel right to have it start this soon. I did spawn One of the several locations along the beach where it may be taking place so extra eager players can go map it out if they wish, and Marp will build it out in its full entirety for the next season.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am

Not many people have the humours to go that deep into darkness so, okay.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Nikixos wrote:Not many people have the humours to go that deep into darkness so, okay.

I think, deep darknes on conc drain more then prov :P
with 50 biles alt + dodge rat/monster = its hard :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements