Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Postby toddesloan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:01 am

But the mechanic is there. I guess it's a risk I will have to take. But as a gamer trying to progress in you're new world, I hope you understand my point.
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 am

The threat of dying over and over exists. The likelihood though, currently does not. Easily monitored and easily adjusted though.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Goodman12 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 am

toddesloan wrote:But the mechanic is there. I guess it's a risk I will have to take. But as a gamer trying to progress in you're new world, I hope you understand my point.

You were perfectly fine with people getting murdered on the server until you died.
That alone is enough reason to ignore your ridiculous request
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby toddesloan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:41 am

Goodman12 wrote:
toddesloan wrote:But the mechanic is there. I guess it's a risk I will have to take. But as a gamer trying to progress in you're new world, I hope you understand my point.

You were perfectly fine with people getting murdered on the server until you died.
That alone is enough reason to ignore your ridiculous request

?

It's not a personal request. It never has been nor have I ever been "perfectly fine with people getting murdered". Not sure where you are spinning that web from. I was suggesting a shop exploit removal at least for a few weeks in order to let new players not 100% familiar with the game mechanics construct the proper base defenses. I have lost characters playing this game. I completely understand it's part of the process. You have what Goodman, a 30-40 bile character, and have ran around and murdered 1/2 dozen players via the cash shop so far? W.out that cash shop item, your game play decision of playing the "*******" would be completely balanced. I suppose that's the entire point, and why a lot of people reading this, who are on the fence far as trying out the server.
BigCountry

toddesloan
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:26 am

toddesloan wrote:It's not a personal request. It never has been nor have I ever been "perfectly fine with people getting murdered". Not sure where you are spinning that web from.

When we killed the Commies you seemed rather excited because according to you "Its starting to get good". What I am saying is that if you are really concerned about people being murdered early in the server then you would/should have said something from that moment rather than doing so after you died.
toddesloan wrote:I was suggesting a shop exploit removal at least for a few weeks in order to let new players not 100% familiar with the game mechanics construct the proper base defenses.You have what Goodman, a 30-40 bile character, and have ran around and murdered 1/2 dozen players via the cash shop so far? W.out that cash shop item, your game play decision of playing the "*******" would be completely balanced

The current requirements for murder(Revenge & Momento Mori)were added when they changed the C&D requirements for Cain & Abel from lvl 60 C&D to lvl 375 C&D.
Therefore without the cash shop item it would only be fair that they revert the requirements needed for murder.
If that were the case then you guys would've died anyway since I was already over lvl 50 C&D before going on a murder spree and would've pushed to lvl 60 if needed.
If anything more people would've died because we'd have 3+ murderers instead of 1 thus we would have much more madness levels to spare.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
Goodman12

Postby toddesloan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:01 am

It's ok man. Honestly had I known you guys were gonna run around and murder players so fast I would have started that first character a lot smarter. In the grand scheme of things I suppose it really does not matter. Not until we figure out how many players are actually settling down on the server.
BigCountry

toddesloan
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:22 am

JohnCarver wrote:The discussion of pay to win may continue. But please be mindful to be accurate in facts. Anything somebody 'buys' from this store, can be 'stolen' from them. Thus those who pay for radishes certainly have 'first dibs' at them. But nothing stops a free-2-play user to take them from them.

The advantage is there in Salem, nobody will deny that. But the inability to get certain things without paying money is definitely mitigated.

Keep in mind. You can also kill murderers for store credit so everything on the store can be obtained in-game without spending money. Its just harder.

you cant kill the murder toon until he has murdered you. if you made it so that people with revenge can murder people with the skill cain and abel then yes you can murder them.
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:51 am

nosfirebird wrote:you cant kill the murder toon until he has murdered you. if you made it so that people with revenge can murder people with the skill cain and abel then yes you can murder them.

I don't believe this is true. I believe anybody can murder a murderer with the revenge skill, as long as you have the evidence. It doesn't matter that they murdered YOU! So become a bounty hunter and begin taking out the bad guys.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Goodman12 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:59 am

JohnCarver wrote:I believe anybody can murder a murderer with the revenge skill, as long as you have the evidence.

Correct
Quick! Get rid of the murderers before they find JC's hideout
Goodman12

Postby Kim II Sung » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 am

Goodman12 wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:I believe anybody can murder a murderer with the revenge skill, as long as you have the evidence.

Correct
Quick! Get rid of the murderers before they find JC's hideout

its in the small plot in the moddle of concord behind walls ¦]
Kim II Sung

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements