Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:46 am

It is confirmed. There will be Brambles on the Expedition. I urge all Salemites to cull and remove them from the lands when they journey to Concord. They do look like a cute daddy-thornbush when alone. But they are not alone for long for they are an invasive species.

ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:57 am

i expect the whole map to fill with those at the server's last months :lol:
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Lusewing » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:39 am

Those brambles are one hell of a way to end the server :lol:
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:45 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Image

wow

it's possible added Royal Jelly for storage in stockbin ~300 pls :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:23 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Image

That's a good idea to limit server's lifetime.

Will we get another victory condition, like building a carebear statue in the port once all boats are shipped ?
Chrumps

Postby Judaism » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:51 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Makeshift and Split rail coming down by hand.
Stone hedge coming down by sledge (wrought iron).
Plank coming down by battering ram (boards for the chasis and a fresh log)
Brick coming down with explosive

Cannon then being the end-all option for those who really anger you.

The idea being that now each wall type has a comparable 'technology' the siege player can implement to defeat it. Expedition only of course.

Something like that would be quite interesting, obviously it goes hand in hand with all the other conditions and balancing. But yes granted something like that would be quite awesome and could work very well. So on that way there won't be large windows where people are rather save and secure.

For example you can build a stone wall the first day, does not need to be large but then you'd already need in the current system to have a 90-180 phlegm character with vandalism to break it. If I recall right I was only 30-ish biles after a day of playing and it took me quite a while. A week after the expedition people would already have planks and from around that time-frame you will begin to see plank walls slowly popping up. Well we both know the soak values of Plank so to break it you'd need a minimum of 180-360 phlegm and at that time people people would already have some defenses. I have no idea when the town's popped, I'd say it was prior to the end of week 2 and at that stage with some skill specification on brick, those walls would already be plausible for a competent group. At least a small amount of it to protect valuables.

I never been a character builder myself, but I likely wouldn't be able to keep up with most of it. Bases were also seriously underdeveloped for example ours was, once you had a town you'd rather work on outer perimeters instead of finishing brick walls. So you'd need so much counter effort for confrontation and due to it having new mechanics the focus could've been lost. We had many people looking into cannibalism and animals and such, since they were new mechanics. From my perspective I just wanted to go out, so the first few weeks we only ran outside like retards killing off people and basically wasting our time because that was fun.

That sort of is my play-style and with options such as cannibalism but also salvaging and such, it could very well turn in an amazing play-style instead of doing all the usuals.

With a slightly smaller map, better handling with the witchcraft conditions, added salvaging (salvaging is super great for expeditions, think of the benefits of salvaging a town bell) the expedition already will be significant better than the previous, that much is certain. If there are hopes for adjustments and balances around mechanics such as raiding then that could really be an amazing server for the likes of me.

I've slowly stepped aside from stating ''remove TBC's/TBF's,stockades etc etc'', honestly I believe most of it could work even on the expeditions as long its adjusted properly. I don't mind a TBF either but 24 hours is simply too long, especially if the difficulty and speed of the raid is not being adjusted either. I do like warnings myself and it could yield to confrontation (both sides know something likely will happen). I don't even think we have a player-base competitive enough to deal without those things. I recall getting summoned over walls and such when I first started and it was so easy to die overnight but it was great fun and sometimes it was not at all. I lost my base and characters so many times without even knowing about it up until my character wouldn't be on the list anymore. Most people likely wouldn't like it, even for an expedition.
Last edited by Judaism on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:15 pm

last expedition is long ago sorry if one is to common knowledge

1) can the merchant ships be claimed?
2) will only the witch be able to end it or also the players by filling the Ships?
3) will the statues be on since the beginning?
4) will resources generate from the beginning or will stuff like stumps/logs be empty from the beginning
5) can one group finish more of the boat and carry home m,ore rewards then others? would be sad that people who finish 1% of the boats gets same then ppl who finish 80%
Heffernan

Postby Judaism » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Heffernan wrote:last expedition is long ago sorry if one is to common knowledge

1 no
2 only witch
3 yes
4 no, empty resources
5 no

Thats if its anywhere similar to previous ark.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Can we get flamethrowers to deal with this new menace that is brambles? xD
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:48 pm

lachlaan wrote:Can we get flamethrowers to deal with this new menace that is brambles? xD

Bramble infestations can be countered with mortars and by hand. Good luck!
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements