Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Postby Teoki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:35 pm

nosfirebird wrote:
Teoki wrote:Where do we get onions and radish?

the expedition is heavy pay to win you just need to understand.

I understand it every day more and more.. :(

I guess I'm too used to real competitions since I always avoided pay2win games.
Teoki

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:13 pm

The discussion of pay to win may continue. But please be mindful to be accurate in facts. Anything somebody 'buys' from this store, can be 'stolen' from them. Thus those who pay for radishes certainly have 'first dibs' at them. But nothing stops a free-2-play user to take them from them.

The advantage is there in Salem, nobody will deny that. But the inability to get certain things without paying money is definitely mitigated.

Keep in mind. You can also kill murderers for store credit so everything on the store can be obtained in-game without spending money. Its just harder.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Anyone who complains about p2w has no clue wtf they are talking about. All the people no lifing at the moment are not that far ahead. I've only been able to play maybe at most 3 hours and have 20 in all biles with almost zero effort making food.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby yuukki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:25 pm

Pilgrims fear not. I have delivered justice. The demon tree is dead!

⛧ Grand Witch of the Fifth Circle ⛧
yuukki

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:32 pm

still no ious for people who end before order trade quest 10... :( poor me
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby toddesloan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:34 pm

You should remove the Memento Mori cash shop item from Concord for a few weeks maybe. Give the new server a few weeks to actually build and develop. Especially with its current state of stability. Right now that cash shop item is nothing more than an exploit for early grieving. Just my .02
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 pm

toddesloan wrote:You should remove the Memento Mori cash shop item from Concord for a few weeks maybe. Give the new server a few weeks to actually build and develop. Especially with its current state of stability. Right now that cash shop item is nothing more than an exploit for early grieving. Just my .02

No murder for a few weeks seems a bit counter-intuitive to the 'you will die on this expedition' mindset.

Also keep in mind you can murder murderers with revenge so just go out and kill the guys who have the memento moris in place and be done with it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 pm

toddesloan wrote:You should remove the Memento Mori cash shop item from Concord for a few weeks maybe. Give the new server a few weeks to actually build and develop. Especially with its current state of stability. Right now that cash shop item is nothing more than an exploit for early grieving. Just my .02

Sounds like a solid bad idea!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby toddesloan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 pm

You're pitching a game of "milestones and progression". If I can simply be murdered over and over via a cash shop item before I can milestone any actual progressions (a decent base defense for example), it seems like a very bad game mechanic exploit sitting on top of your story board. Again I am fine with the cash shop item. Just not early game, it seems to not really fit.
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:59 pm

toddesloan wrote:You're pitching a game of "milestones and progression". If I can simply be murdered over and over via a cash shop item before I can milestone any actual progressions (a decent base defense for example), it seems like a very bad game mechanic exploit sitting on top of your story board.

I agree. Luckily nobody has been murdered 'over and over' and the hypothetical thing you are worried about doesn't exist. If anything we should be offering it for $1.00 on the cash shop to get more murders cooking as less than 5% of people who have played on concord have become murdered :).

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements