1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 pm

grapefruitv wrote:It seems like they changed it or added more requirements. Yesterday it was 30 minutes for all of my characters, now that doesn't work on any of them.

im guessing its actions now dug 300 sand dig abunch of dirt still cant yet must be 6-7 hrs or bugged
nosfirebird

Postby grapefruitv » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:29 am

JC, something is wrong with the new requirements for taking orders. I've spent hours actively playing on my main, but it is not enough apparently. Been online for atleast 5 hours (probably more, that is just how far up I can scroll my chats) and actually doing something most of that time. I was crafting, eating, studying, digging and building, but game keeps saying I should play some more :?
grapefruitv

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:39 am

grapefruitv wrote:JC, something is wrong with the new requirements for taking orders. I've spent hours actively playing on my main, but it is not enough apparently. Been online for atleast 5 hours (probably more, that is just how far up I can scroll my chats) and actually doing something most of that time. I was crafting, eating, studying, digging and building, but game keeps saying I should play some more :?

need to be online 6 hrs
nosfirebird

Postby Nikixos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:06 am

idc how many more hours you make it but add a timer to it just like there is one in step before
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:22 am

Hmmm... Try logging out in a bed and logging back in. I'll try to debug the playtime requirements but I suggest that if you binge/play for a massive session without loading/saving your character via a logout it might have some effect on the trade order vendor not accurately recognizing your play time. Would be nice if the players could help test the theory as well. For example if you play for 1-2 hours. Log out, and then log back in after the 12 hour cooldown. Do you ever have a problem? Vs. players who log on a few hours BEFORE their 12 hour window, and then play for the few hours leading up to when they expect to be able to take it?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby grapefruitv » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 am

This might be the case. I was able to pick my order in about 30 minutes after I posted. And I think in that time span I used bed to switch to another account for a moment.
Also decided to check if I can pick an order on one of my alts before going to work earlier today (about 3 hours ago), and it worked just fine, even though I didn't spend significant time online on this one inbetween orders.
grapefruitv

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 am

By not significant was it at least over an hour?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Justme5 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:22 am

JohnCarver wrote:By not significant was it at least over an hour?

I picked up my order last night around 8:50pm. Had played for a few hours before hand. Then went to bed after getting the order. Logged in this evening around 8 something I believe. Was just now able to get my trade order (over 2 hours later) and I was actively doing things like planting and mining. I ended up having to log out and then log back. Upon logging in, he gave me my trade order. So is it set up to where we have to log out after spending X amount of time online?

*edit... I just now saw your comment a few up about this happening and needing to log out. So nevermind on the question.
Justme5
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm

I logged off (CTRL-SHIFT-Q in Latikai / act lo) and on and I was immediately able to get an order. No beds were involved.
Chrumps

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:54 pm

in black friday will be discount store items ? :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements