1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Yes I don't mind the idea of decreasing to 11 hours now that there is 'some' play requirement inbetween gatherings. Also I don't mind balancing the trade orders. But it is quite difficult as you need to look beyond the 'mat balance' given that I expected the order itself to have some value. For example I imagine that Heffernan is willing to still turn in the 12 iron bars for 2 Tokens simply because I imagine at this point he has 1 billion iron bars and would prefer tokens over them. So what might be trash for one player or of lesser value might still have a market value for another. If a TO loses all market value because literally nobody will turn it in I'll turn on logging data for them. If the entire server boycotts a trade order for some number of weeks then I would argue it certainly needs adjustment.

How about making it automated?
Let's say if 0 orders of a kind were turned in within 3-4 weeks, it's value increases for 1-2 points and the cycle continues untill people find the price fair and start turning in their stuff.
There is no way in hell salem playerbase can unite to abuse that. That was proven by the Ark and on other occasions.
grapefruitv

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 pm

An open market does sound interesting, and I do like the concept. But in that case I would want to display on the trade order the 'changing' value. And for reasons I am not quite sure of yet I don't like the idea of trade orders constantly changing in value. The idea that maybe you shoudl hold on to one because maybe it will be worth more next week etc. etc. This system sounds lovely with a market board that changes on a player-driven supply and demand metric. Just not sure that the design space for it is the trade order system. I am still optimistic that we can balance it manually and give some level of stability to the pricing of them.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Adelewhy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Ignore...there was something up with my client.
Adelewhy

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Yes I don't mind the idea of decreasing to 11 hours now that there is 'some' play requirement inbetween gatherings. Also I don't mind balancing the trade orders.

Ohh :D ok///

JohnCarver wrote:But it is quite difficult as you need to look beyond the 'mat balance' given that I expected the order itself to have some value.

It's true.

JohnCarver wrote:For example I imagine that Heffernan is willing to still turn in the 12 iron bars for 2 Tokens simply because I imagine at this point he has 1 billion iron bars and would prefer tokens over them.

I'm agree with this a point view.
but, with this a point view you forcing player sell this orders for Heffernan/other player and normal player lose possible got ious.
because you take example normal player like Heffernan/Dwaroth but they isn't normal palyers...
and if you take they define game... then GG...

what i mean... some Trade Orders is unbalanced :P
example:
both give 5 ious,
where
give 11

for me look like you dont know what it's more worth from other items...
in forum people don't write so much about Trade Order but we talking so much in Discord...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:48 pm

At this point the valuable TOs are those with lowest silver / IOU cost.
On my personal boycott list are following orders:
- both orders with steer skulls, though you could increase their spawn rate
- the one with frozen cobweb
- the one with alchemist robes
Not sure about the one with butterflies, but I think I am not going to bother
Not sure about the one with curious potato, because potatoes are a bad food group and I am not using them. Grinding potatoes only for orders seems not profitable.
You could increase drop rate for horseshoe crabs. IOU / time are much better for the order with brains.
We could have more orders with various combinations of gems.

While we are at changes and potatoes, my grandmother used to feed her pigs with potatoes (well, mostly peels). Perhaps we can have these as a pig-only food.

Thanks for decreasing the timer.
Chrumps

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:59 pm

The one with potato is actually pretty rewarding. I wasn't planting potato before this patch either though, so it will take some time to stock up on those.
grapefruitv

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Updated the original post with the following regarding the salvage system:

NOTE: You should not be able to salvage what would otherwise leave a criminal scent by being destroyed. That said, by attempting to salvage an active bell that is under the effect of a trial by fire, it will leave a waste scent and then deny your salvage attempt. This should be fixed in future patches, but for now, attempt to salvage ANY claimed property at your own risk.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 am

JohnCarver wrote:Mini Update #7
----------------
Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.
His Majesty stall has had additional stall rewards added.
Special Note. The Masonic Necklace system is something that we plan to expand on in the near future. Marp is still refining graphics, and I can assure Salmites that they will be interested in climbing the ranks. Since I don't anticipate the next patch until the 1st week of December at the soonest I felt it reasonable that we at least let you begin advancing down that path sooner than later.
Also, it is not a bug that if you fail to upgrade your status you lose the necklace and all progress thus far. Contemplate your upgrades carefully.

Can you let us know how long until we can take the next order when not enough play time?
needed because we take order and go to sleep sometimes
so next day will prob need playtime
but need to know when to pick order
plsssssssss
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Nikixos wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Mini Update #7
----------------
Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.
His Majesty stall has had additional stall rewards added.
Special Note. The Masonic Necklace system is something that we plan to expand on in the near future. Marp is still refining graphics, and I can assure Salmites that they will be interested in climbing the ranks. Since I don't anticipate the next patch until the 1st week of December at the soonest I felt it reasonable that we at least let you begin advancing down that path sooner than later.
Also, it is not a bug that if you fail to upgrade your status you lose the necklace and all progress thus far. Contemplate your upgrades carefully.

Can you let us know how long until we can take the next order when not enough play time?
needed because we take order and go to sleep sometimes
so next day will prob need playtime
but need to know when to pick order
plsssssssss

it seems to be random couple of my alts could take within a min others ive waited an hr and still saying need to play more
nosfirebird

Postby grapefruitv » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 pm

It seems like they changed it or added more requirements. Yesterday it was 30 minutes for all of my characters, now that doesn't work on any of them.
grapefruitv

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements