1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby Lansett » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks a ton!
Lansett

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 am

With today's downtime restart.

Mini Update #6
----------------
Executioners Whip now whips twice again.
Starburst Rubellite is now accepted in Trade Orders.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 am

JohnCarver wrote:With today's downtime restart.

Mini Update #6
----------------
Executioners Whip now whips twice again.
Starburst Rubellite is now accepted in Trade Orders.

any chance before you leave again for a small 6-12-24h shop sale of cheaper Store items for $$$?
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 am

Maybe for the next expedition launch or some such. I will consider. It pains me that I won't be here for Black Friday this year but, alas, it is what it is and I don't trust y'all with Marp on such an event. I can only imagine you guys find a way to permakill him and then abuse the event for unlimited store goods.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:56 am

Mini Update #7
----------------
Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.
His Majesty stall has had additional stall rewards added.
Special Note. The Masonic Necklace system is something that we plan to expand on in the near future. Marp is still refining graphics, and I can assure Salmites that they will be interested in climbing the ranks. Since I don't anticipate the next patch until the 1st week of December at the soonest I felt it reasonable that we at least let you begin advancing down that path sooner than later.
Also, it is not a bug that if you fail to upgrade your status you lose the necklace and all progress thus far. Contemplate your upgrades carefully.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:02 am

JohnCarver wrote:Mini Update #7
----------------
Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.
His Majesty stall has had additional stall rewards added.
Special Note. The Masonic Necklace system is something that we plan to expand on in the near future. Marp is still refining graphics, and I can assure Salmites that they will be interested in climbing the ranks. Since I don't anticipate the next patch until the 1st week of December at the soonest I felt it reasonable that we at least let you begin advancing down that path sooner than later.
Also, it is not a bug that if you fail to upgrade your status you lose the necklace and all progress thus far. Contemplate your upgrades carefully.

is it intended that jalapeno doesnt have dom meats restore?
and ty and gj on the patches
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 am

Yes that was intended.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.

Salem is A game where player must made many characters for survive in this game... :D and now you limit this :)
but for me is OK and GOOD block
BUT!!!!
some orders is totaly not worth for made and got ious

EXAMPLE
Trade Order requires: 5 brain (one brain is 8-10 silver)
Trade Order requires: 1 Snake
Trade Order requires: 4 Horseshoe Crab
they give 1 ious

Trade Order requires: 12 Iron
they give 2 ious

and exist more easy what give 3 ious... and cost less
mean i ask, you will balance this ? or you leave ?

next question: can you less time wait for take order ? mean, not 12h but example 11h or 10h ?
because it's hard take perfect two order per day... one-two hour for preparation, nothing change much, but more easy take "radom" trade

JohnCarver wrote:His Majesty stall has had additional stall rewards added.

is it for ? :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:44 am

11 hours cooldown would be a nice thing, even 11 and a half.
Chrumps

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:52 pm

is the toolbox supposed to vanish when failing?
nosfirebird

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements