1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby Lordinho » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 am

JohnSnow wrote:Image

Damn, it is expensive. And I should do 400 such orders just for one cow, omg.

Mine was a little bit easier !
Lordinho

Postby TheDuke86 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:56 pm

It’s crazy how Our Lord and Savior John Carver returns and the servers just swell up with people:D
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby AngelOfSilence » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:37 pm

this joke has went too far
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Taipion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Mini Update #3
Improved Functionality to the Egg Basket

May I ask how it was improved? ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:46 am

Mini Update #4
------------
Mermaid IOU adjusted down from 6 to 5.
Turkey Hearts now Accept into Trade Orders.
Backpacks now Accept into Trade Orders
Curious Cabbage now accepts into trade orders.
Smooth Stones now weigh slightly more than regulard stones.
Chestnuts and Smooth stones no longer appear in stumps.
Mushrooms now appear in stumps.
Fireplaces now heat up twice as fast.

Taipion wrote:

You'll have to find out!
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:06 am

JohnCarver wrote:Mini Update #4
Taipion wrote:

You'll have to find out!

Just did, still hoping for a golden egg basket. o.o
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby elenagra » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:47 am

JohnCarver wrote:
riker88 wrote:It's been a year JohnCarver, can we expect more regular patches or will there be another year of silence?
Can you explain your absence, I & others were feeling like the game was abandoned..

The start of the thread gives at least a half-ass excuse. A massive ambition that left the develop-able state of the game at such an undertaking that carving out the necessary blocks of time to wrap my head around it became difficult. Going forward I've tried to put some ground work down that says we are no longer going to challenge that which cannot be wrapped up in a reasonable timetable. As for sticking to it, we will see. The nice thing now that the Trade Order system is here is that even if I throw out a few trade orders every now and then its at least a bit of life with little more than a single line of code and some new art.

As far as my absence, I wish I could say I had some catastrophic events to point to. But I cannot. Many people here know how to reach me, and I tried my best to return and/or send out SoS signals when the server needed help. I relied on Marp, Meow, and others to an unfair degree and have probably done done a poor job at expressing my gratitude to them as well. Salem is very important to me though, and each player here should know that I will do all within my power to protect the persistence of your time, efforts, and memories forged in its lands. For many games and cultures a 1 year horizon is make or break territory. But I've always considered Salem a world that will be with me for decades so abandonment may be a bit too harsh. Neglect is certainly fair though.

I will make a sincere effort to get a few more things on the road map out before we bring in the new year. And progress, is progress. As many like to point out sometimes an overactive involvement from me has landed up a few steps backwards in the minds of many salemites, so I'm optimistic on a more modest pace with more sensible decisions. Heres to hoping for the best.

Don't you see - people like Meow or Dallane are killing your game?
Just read this forum.....House of Burgesses section
Is it the same what you wanted?
elenagra

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:07 am

elenagra wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
riker88 wrote:It's been a year JohnCarver, can we expect more regular patches or will there be another year of silence?
Can you explain your absence, I & others were feeling like the game was abandoned..

The start of the thread gives at least a half-ass excuse. A massive ambition that left the develop-able state of the game at such an undertaking that carving out the necessary blocks of time to wrap my head around it became difficult. Going forward I've tried to put some ground work down that says we are no longer going to challenge that which cannot be wrapped up in a reasonable timetable. As for sticking to it, we will see. The nice thing now that the Trade Order system is here is that even if I throw out a few trade orders every now and then its at least a bit of life with little more than a single line of code and some new art.

As far as my absence, I wish I could say I had some catastrophic events to point to. But I cannot. Many people here know how to reach me, and I tried my best to return and/or send out SoS signals when the server needed help. I relied on Marp, Meow, and others to an unfair degree and have probably done done a poor job at expressing my gratitude to them as well. Salem is very important to me though, and each player here should know that I will do all within my power to protect the persistence of your time, efforts, and memories forged in its lands. For many games and cultures a 1 year horizon is make or break territory. But I've always considered Salem a world that will be with me for decades so abandonment may be a bit too harsh. Neglect is certainly fair though.

I will make a sincere effort to get a few more things on the road map out before we bring in the new year. And progress, is progress. As many like to point out sometimes an overactive involvement from me has landed up a few steps backwards in the minds of many salemites, so I'm optimistic on a more modest pace with more sensible decisions. Heres to hoping for the best.

Don't you see - people like Meow or Dallane are killing your game?
Just read this forum.....House of Burgesses section
Is it the same what you wanted?

nah really people have a love/hate relationship with them. they love meow and dallane till they get banned from them then they hate them.
nosfirebird

Postby elenagra » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:32 am

nah really people have a love/hate relationship with them. they love meow and dallane till they get banned from them then they hate them.

Don't warry.
I don't play in gankboxes.
Don't be afraid of concurence from my side :mrgreen:
elenagra

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:07 am

jc raiding isnt working anymore cant bash pclaim walls on or off deed. :?
nosfirebird

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements