1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby svablas » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:16 am

well with salvage town bell raiding personal claims will be so fast... its expensive but dirty fast...
Grind till the end of time or die trying
svablas

Postby JohnSnow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 am

Any cornerpost is considered as starting cornerpost. You can build it and then disassemble and get more resources than it took to build it. Is it intended?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 am

JohnSnow wrote:Any cornerpost is considered as starting cornerpost. You can build it and then disassemble and get more resources than it took to build it. Is it intended?

Bughat for you sir.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby riker88 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:47 am

It's been a year JohnCarver, can we expect more regular patches or will there be another year of silence?
Can you explain your absence, I & others were feeling like the game was abandoned..
riker88
Customer

Postby svablas » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:01 am

riker88 wrote:It's been a year JohnCarver, can we expect more regular patches or will there be another year of silence?
Can you explain your absence, I & others were feeling like the game was abandoned..

JC explained himself more than enough times already (as as well as in recent patch notes)...
Grind till the end of time or die trying
svablas

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:02 am

riker88 wrote:It's been a year JohnCarver, can we expect more regular patches or will there be another year of silence?

The start of the thread gives at least a half-ass excuse. A massive ambition that left the develop-able state of the game at such an undertaking that carving out the necessary blocks of time to wrap my head around it became difficult. Going forward I've tried to put some ground work down that says we are no longer going to challenge that which cannot be wrapped up in a reasonable timetable. As for sticking to it, we will see. The nice thing now that the Trade Order system is here is that even if I throw out a few trade orders every now and then its at least a bit of life with little more than a single line of code and some new art.

As far as my absence, I wish I could say I had some catastrophic events to point to. But I cannot. Many people here know how to reach me, and I tried my best to return and/or send out SoS signals when the server needed help. I relied on Marp, Meow, and others to an unfair degree and have probably done done a poor job at expressing my gratitude to them as well. Salem is very important to me though, and each player here should know that I will do all within my power to protect the persistence of your time, efforts, and memories forged in its lands. For many games and cultures a 1 year horizon is make or break territory. But I've always considered Salem a world that will be with me for decades so abandonment may be a bit too harsh. Neglect is certainly fair though.

I will make a sincere effort to get a few more things on the road map out before we bring in the new year. And progress, is progress. As many like to point out sometimes an overactive involvement from me has landed up a few steps backwards in the minds of many salemites, so I'm optimistic on a more modest pace with more sensible decisions. Heres to hoping for the best.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 am

are unpaid claimstone bashable anymore ive tried to bash 10 random raider pclaims and am no longer able 2
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 am

nosfirebird wrote:are unpaid claimstone bashable anymore ive tried to bash 10 random raider pclaims and am no longer able 2

I tampered with claim rights in an effort to limit salvage shennanigans. So I'll have to look into that.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kuulikindel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:25 am

Mr. John! Thank you for the effort & hustle.
May I ask you what is your estimation coming out with the new expedition?
Kuulikindel

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:25 am

JohnCarver wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:are unpaid claimstone bashable anymore ive tried to bash 10 random raider pclaims and am no longer able 2

I tampered with claim rights in an effort to limit salvage shennanigans. So I'll have to look into that.

ya unpaid claims are unbashable up to 20 claims attempted
also oil troughs give nothing when salvaged
nosfirebird

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements