1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 am

gj salvaging is in the game!
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:00 am

Oh yeah forgot to mention that.... Salvaging is a thing....
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 am

JohnCarver wrote:Oh yeah forgot to mention that.... Salvaging is a thing....

please please please please add in a option for towns to remove the option right now any new people in a town can salvage to the bell in 2 seconds and destroy it
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 am

I believe the fix was that you as a mayor could pclaim under the bell. Salvaging shouldn't be allowed if you don't own the pclaim. Please double check for me.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:15 am

JohnCarver wrote:I believe the fix was that you as a mayor could pclaim under the bell. Salvaging shouldn't be allowed if you don't own the pclaim. Please double check for me.

ya i can salvage on a unpaid pclaim the toon has build rights on the pclaim with build he can bash items and build items
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 am

I can pop on and test again but I'm fairly sure I worked myself through all this and put it as a demo permission. Basically it counts as waste in most cases and if on a pclaim even with permissions you shouldn't be able to do it if you are not the owner. A dead pclaim though is the equivalent of no pclaim.

The big concern I have is if you are saying that somebody with no rights to a pclaim or limited rights is able to salvage stuff that then doesn't belong to them?

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:21 am

Mini Update #1
-------------
*Pushed a fix which should resolve the Marp Birthday Hat Bug. We will have to see.
*Fixed and issue where you could repeat 1 of the 10 starter trade order quests. This resulted in free 2-5 silver per turn-in every 5 minutes so mild in nature but closed all the same.
*Salvage speed was still on test-server setting. Slow-down applied. May still be too fast, may be too slow. Open to feedback.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:31 am

JohnCarver wrote:I can pop on and test again but I'm fairly sure I worked myself through all this and put it as a demo permission. Basically it counts as waste in most cases and if on a pclaim even with permissions you shouldn't be able to do it if you are not the owner. A dead pclaim though is the equivalent of no pclaim.

The big concern I have is if you are saying that somebody with no rights to a pclaim or limited rights is able to salvage stuff that then doesn't belong to them?

looks like its attached to vandalism. you need that checked for people to build on the pclaim. if salvage is tied to theft that would be fine i would think. nvm you need theft to pick up your stuff from the deed looks like it needs a whole new option for salvaging
nosfirebird

Postby reeper_aut » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:39 am

+1
thx for the work!
reeper_aut

Postby Reviresco » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:56 am

The ancient prophecies were true after all!
Reviresco

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements