1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:18 pm

nosfirebird wrote:is the toolbox supposed to vanish when failing?


Yes, it is a single-use item.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
User avatar
MarpTarpton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:32 am

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Is there a cap on the level of mason necklace?
Dallane wrote:Sorry for the trolling and derailing. I updated the OP with the fix action you found. GJ sir!
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby MarpTarpton » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

That is for me to know and you to deduce by way of elementary googling.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
User avatar
MarpTarpton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:32 am

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.

ahh normal player now 1 order per day ? because i working 8h.. sleeping 7-8h.. so i cant "minimal amount of playtime in..."
thx for normal player be more hard about order
and griding player like TOP1 still he fast grow :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the JC Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/

Marketplace APP
Calculator Sets
Shop by Nsuidara
User avatar
Nsuidara
Customer
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: Poland

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.

ahh normal player now 1 order per day ? because i working 8h.. sleeping 7-8h.. so i cant "minimal amount of playtime in..."
thx for normal player be more hard about order
and griding player like TOP1 still he fast grow :D

If you, let's say, get up for work at 8am, need 1-1,5h to get ready and get to work and spend there 8h, you can synch your alts to pick orders at 8:00, this way you can pick two every day and have enough time to play on the character.
User avatar
grapefruitv
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:53 am

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby Chrumps » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:46 pm

There will be "minute creep" always, unless the timer is a bit shorter than 12 hours.
Chrumps
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:10 pm

grapefruitv wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Trade Orders now require a minimal amount of playtime in an interval relating to the 12 hour cooldown. This should discourage alt-spam for trade orders.

ahh normal player now 1 order per day ? because i working 8h.. sleeping 7-8h.. so i cant "minimal amount of playtime in..."
thx for normal player be more hard about order
and griding player like TOP1 still he fast grow :D

If you, let's say, get up for work at 8am, need 1-1,5h to get ready and get to work and spend there 8h, you can synch your alts to pick orders at 8:00, this way you can pick two every day and have enough time to play on the character.

i collect now 2 times per day... but if my alts must timeplay ... isn't possible... :P 23:00 go sleep 6:00 wake up -> 40minutes travel bus, 8h in work.. 15:00 out -> 16:00 in house ... repeat :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the JC Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/

Marketplace APP
Calculator Sets
Shop by Nsuidara
User avatar
Nsuidara
Customer
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: Poland

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Nsuidara wrote:i collect now 2 times per day... but if my alts must timeplay ... isn't possible... :P 23:00 go sleep 6:00 wake up -> 40minutes travel bus, 8h in work.. 15:00 out -> 16:00 in house ... repeat :P

That means you are away for a little less than 9,5h. That means you can get enough playtime on 4-5 alts per account. If server crashes or little delays screwed up your order picking time, you can always skip one and get them back on track.
What I am trying to say here is in the end making it 10-11 hours won't make much difference, if any.
User avatar
grapefruitv
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:53 am

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby Adelewhy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:20 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I don't trust y'all with Marp on such an event. I can only imagine you guys find a way to permakill him and then abuse the event for unlimited store goods.


Lol, even JC is a little paranoid thanks to Salem's dynamics. :lol: Thanks for the updates JC!
Adelewhy
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:15 am

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
Trade Order requires: 12 Iron
they give 2 ious

and exist more easy what give 3 ious... and cost less
mean i ask, you will balance this ? or you leave ?

next question: can you less time wait for take order ? mean, not 12h but example 11h or 10h ?
because it's hard take perfect two order per day... one-two hour for preparation, nothing change much, but more easy take "radom" trade


Yes I don't mind the idea of decreasing to 11 hours now that there is 'some' play requirement inbetween gatherings. Also I don't mind balancing the trade orders. But it is quite difficult as you need to look beyond the 'mat balance' given that I expected the order itself to have some value. For example I imagine that Heffernan is willing to still turn in the 12 iron bars for 2 Tokens simply because I imagine at this point he has 1 billion iron bars and would prefer tokens over them. So what might be trash for one player or of lesser value might still have a market value for another. If a TO loses all market value because literally nobody will turn it in I'll turn on logging data for them. If the entire server boycotts a trade order for some number of weeks then I would argue it certainly needs adjustment.

There I just pushed the change. The bad news is the server might crash while I am traveling. The good news is that if/when it does when it does get restored I have already pushed the trade orders down to 11 hours. This gives you guys a bit of wiggle room if your late and/or like the idea of a hard schedule.
Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
User avatar
JohnCarver
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6305
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests