1.4 Craving some Changes

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 1.4 Craving some Changes

Postby kabuto202 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:45 am

Dang it just a couple more months and I could have smug posted at TM about how it's been literally a year since he's said you'll do an update within the year.

So when are we getting the new expedition? Not sure about others but I'm not in the mood to play with hundreds+ biles on Popham.
kabuto202

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:32 am

Mini Update #5
----------------
Players may no longer lift objects while mounted.
Players may once again destroy claimstones that are out of authority.
The server select screen on the tutorial no longer encourages popham as an option and states its winner on the tooltip.
Alchemy robes is now accepted in Trade Orders
Rattle Rattler is now accepted in Trade Orders
Grass Whistle is now accepted in Trade Orders
Rock Maracas is now accepted in Trade Orders
Alchemy hat is now accepted in Trade Orders.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 am

How about "salvage" wall and splash/bash damage ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:18 pm

We discussed at length making this adjustment and decided it was not worth the time investment. With these new systems in place, being able to upgrade walls is now much higher on our to-do list, which will take the place of a necessity to salvage walls (unless they were misplaced, in which case we have to imagine more segments than just one need to be removed). We may make the change in the future, but for now the splash will stay. For those whose poor base design results in splashing from unconnected walls of the same type, salvaging will not in the near future save you from this.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:11 pm

For piece of mind and insight on wall-splash correction. Splashing is inherit to the walls. While I can certainly hack it in a way that walls would not splash and would simply be deleted, that would then take the fun out of other 'normal' interactions. So for example, if a chest becomes salvaged now, it should spill its contents on the ground. If I move to straight delete, then your chest, and its inventory, and its contents would be deleted as well. You can see that the short-term easy fix to wall splash salvage mechanics is not an easy one which is why we are deferring. Not because we don't agree, and not out of laziness.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm

heres more bugs btw.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19966
Heffernan

Postby JohnSnow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Is it possible to buy, sell or exchange IOU's? I can't find how to do that.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:17 pm

JohnSnow wrote:Is it possible to buy, sell or exchange IOU's? I can't find how to do that.

You can sell or exchange orders resulting in basically selling IOUs. Can't exchange IOUs that you already have.
grapefruitv

Postby JohnSnow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 pm

grapefruitv wrote:You can sell or exchange orders resulting in basically selling IOUs. Can't exchange IOUs that you already have.

Is it possible to know how much my order cost in IOUs?
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby kabuto202 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 pm

JohnCarver wrote:For piece of mind and insight on wall-splash correction. Splashing is inherit to the walls. While I can certainly hack it in a way that walls would not splash and would simply be deleted, that would then take the fun out of other 'normal' interactions. So for example, if a chest becomes salvaged now, it should spill its contents on the ground. If I move to straight delete, then your chest, and its inventory, and its contents would be deleted as well. You can see that the short-term easy fix to wall splash salvage mechanics is not an easy one which is why we are deferring. Not because we don't agree, and not out of laziness.

New expedition, when?
kabuto202

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements