2017 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 2017 Roadmap

Postby Reviresco » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Dang, you know it's bad when Darwoth and Zodd are losing faith in the game.
Reviresco

Postby Heffernan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Darwoth wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:Remember that time when they fixed alloying bug in 2 days?
Me neither.

yeah me neither,

member that time my 250 bucks store credit, 1500 - 1600 stat t3 witch was copied over, rest of my bringbacks were brought over, my second statue was placed or my popham rewards (whip) actually worked?

yeah, me neither. that was ten months ago and all of those things take like 3 god damn seconds to do, i should of just stayed on popham and tripled my stats instead of falling into the "ok we want to make new expedition in bout two months so end it around new years" nonsense. especially since the whole ***** reason i went there in the first place is because of the ***** jinglebombed patch "well just go play popham mang, pvp and raiding will be fixed by the time your done" and that was two (or more) years ago.

in the past i have usually tried to be a positive "fanboy" for salem in public and make ***** excuses for the sorry assitude of certain things to help the game grow, but i feel quite negative about the current state of things to the point of many ***** ungiven. there is no reason whatsoever for the main dev to not so much as log into the forums in two years or for the overwhelming number of retarded easy to fix **** that has jacked up for years to be that way still. ***** that ****.

dont forget ur whips aint working ¦]
Heffernan

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Reviresco wrote:Dang, you know it's bad when Darwoth and Zodd are losing faith in the game.

Im annoyed because the only game i pretty much like is dead in its tracks.
It wouldnt be so bad if the game had atleast balances and fixes. Im 100% okay with that because even after a year and a half of active playing we still have goals that we are working on.
But, i guess **** uncomplete mechanics are better choice than fixing your game.
Also, listening to dumb ***** is also high on the list of priorities (as it seems).
You dont need to add constantly new mechanics to make playerbase love the game. Try mixing the existing ones in new ways. Make people use their wits instead of just mindless grind.
There are more than few well thought suggestions from different people here on forums. No one even bothered to respond to them (thats a developer).
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Hose » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Lol, get cucked to the max by the devs haha
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Judaism » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 pm

In the past three years and some time the current developers have commercialized this game by adding some more pay to convenience items. They have added some simply mechanics and items, some of which that truly held some additional value. The cap for skills have been moved, it provided some depth to progress on your characters alongside high additional bonuses. Pretty much all of this ''progress'' occurred within the first year, after that very little has happened.

The essence of this game was meant to circle around a niche. The witchcraft has actually been improved slightly, nevertheless still needs an entire rework. The other important detail about Salem was the PvP/Open world/Raiding scene. This scene has been made significantly harder ever since they took over and made it long term, carebear based. The team bashed every single suggestion regarding this topic, most of it was never truly accepted by the majority of their community and so many suggestions have been fully ignored by the one-sided leader Kim John Carver.

From start on the important key issues which needed balancing have never been balanced properly and right now, despite some players still actually willing to put the time/effort into the current systems, it is very much dull and basically has been so for multiple years by now already. You need a healthy balance of interaction, competition and grief.

We are more than 3 years down the pipe and the game currently offers very little of the origin intention, we have not had proper updates for years by now and the ones we've had were not adding very much to the game. If they were to receive a mark for their development accumulated over the past 3 years, they do significantly worse than Jorb and Loftar.

I believe their initial intentions were honest but if you read their first few threads they basically have done very little of that original intent. It wouldn't be a bad idea to actually re-sell the game or something, instead of idling making some money out of it while it slowly dies. But then again, who knows it might have been an investment all along.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Krystalfoxfire » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 pm

AHA! I was looking for the complaints department...
Come on, why have there been zero updates the entire year of 2017? Like literally nothing has happened at all. We've been base-building and building and building like "YES, THERE'S GONNA BE WINE, AND DONKEYS, AND BEER, AND GOATS WOOT WOOT LET'S MAKE ROOM" anddddd we waited....and...waited. Somebody at least sneeze or something, let us know the game/the devs are alive? :? Game withering rapidly. :?
Krystalfoxfire

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:57 am

well, i have goats that is not the devs fault that is 100% the apathetic playerbases fault for not spending literally a half a month and building the ark (i could of build it myself with the amount of stuff i looted from bases, so the materials were already there, i may have wound up short like 10k normal dry boards but that is basically a few hours of board making for one person so no big thing). even tried to make an event but only a few people expressed interest and im not throwing a big farmer brown animal auction or releasing an end game mechanic the "easy way" for 4 people where i do not get to profit or stand around and talk about how great i am with a captive audience in full kim jong agreement mode. soon as at least 15 or so people contact me with interest ill schedule that again.

eventually the devs will add animals to the game in some other manner, however im willing to bet it would have been a lot easier and cheaper to go to the darwoth animal auction. in reality if i was a dev i would just say ***** it nobody must want animals bad enough, they did not build the ark after a year and a half and they could not bother humoring the server overlord of salem for an hour by attending his event so now they do not deserve any.

in the meantime i guess i could always finish my current gluttony suit

instead of continuing to stockpile the animal rares for the event like i have done the past few months.

if i did i bet i could make a character good enough to kill kuku (again) out of easter egg candy!
Darwoth

Postby Forungi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 am

Now that is one sexy apron.
Forungi

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 am

Apron doesn't even go over coats. Devs ruined game again.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby GWashington » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:47 am

RUINED
Cheena wrote:If I was asked WTF is wrong with Necrobane, I'd probably answer "GWashington was wrong with Necrobane".
GWashington

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements